• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Question for radio tech's

CamoRedneck

KJ4PUF
Feb 28, 2008
SE Florida
My 949 is acting up. When it is first turned on the radio works fine, but it seems as it heats up it will not transmit. When you key the mic it crackles, almost sounds like its starting to burn. Then it will not transmit at all. My tech has looked at the radio and says he needs a copy of the pin out voltages that you can only get if your an authorized galaxy tech. (He doesnt work on galaxy's normally, I'm only his 2nd customer with a galaxy). He needs to know what the voltages are for each part inside the radio to see which are supplying the right voltage for transmit. If anyone knows what the issue might be or get tell me where to get a copy of the pin out voltages please reply.

Thanks for any help.

I know about cb tricks. But say if i wanted to know what voltage goes into a transitor or resistor etc. and what the voltage in coming out. Where would I look ?

Thanks

I would take it to somone else that is familiar with CB's, that radio is the same as a lot of others and someone that does it everyday RARELY looks at a schematic if they have been doing this for a while...

I was thinking to myself if you're only the second person with a galaxy for him to repair than I would say this guy is doing it as a hobby rather than a profession. There are at least 7 simliar radio to your 949 chasis that are out there that I know of. The galaxy being one, ranger,texas ranger- with several models with in the manufactures. Unless your saving some money on repairs by him doing it I would recommend going somewhere else. One google attempt under galaxy 949 service manual will get the pin out voltage readings on table.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.