• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ranger rci 2960jp

coppernickel

Nov 29, 2009
I ran across this ranger rci 2960jp and i bought it it is a good sounding radio does anyone know what it is worth. Also was wondering if anyone knows the alinment points on a texas ranger tre-936fcc i can't find them anywhere

What did you pay for it?
It appears to be a rare radio indeed; something like only 200 or so made.
Supposed to be a EPT6900/type chassis.
Should be a decent unit; did you hook it up yet?
What kind of antenna?
What reports have you gotten from others who heard your station?

I have one in the box like new, bought it from my neighbor who ran a cb radio shop, he needed a little money, that was in 2002, I used it for a couple of weeks, then put it back in the box and on a shelf, probably should sell, what is it worth? He said it was set up as good as you could get it pulls a lot of amps, It will dim the lights when you key the mic, but will really reach out, I believe he said you could turn it up to 250 watts and has some tweeks like a slight echo, he got a divorce and never came back for it that's been 16 yrs I guess he ain't coming back

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?