• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

rat shack trc 446

bigun297

Feb 14, 2007
pratt.ks
Anybody tell me the wiring code for the 6 pin on this radio?.Any help would be appreciated,have a guy that wants it for a backup radio,(dont know why!)but to each his own.Thnx bigun :?

6 pin plug?
I would expect to see a DIN plug on it...
Did the origonal mic that came with it have "up / down" buttons on it or any other controls?
If this is just a cb I can't see any reason why it would need more than 5 pins unless it had some other control functions.

Your CB has these features:

NOAA 7-Channel WX Band - lets you tune to seven national
weather Receiver service frequencies which provide local weather conditions and forecasts.
X/Alert Indicator - shows the CB is ready to receive and
indicates the reception of a weather alert.
Built-In SWR Meter - helps you tune your antenna system to
optimize your CB's performance.
RF Gain Control - lets you adjust reception to match the
strength of the received signal.

Convenient On-Microphone - lets you quickly scan the band for Channel Up/Down Controls communications.

CH-9/NOR/CH-19 Switch - lets you quickly tune to emergency Channel 9 or Channel 19 without using the rotary tuning control.

Screw-On Microphone - ensures rugged operation and long life Connector

PLL (Phase-Locked Loop) - uses a precise frequency reference crystal Frequency Synthesizer to provide reliable and exact tuning.
Two Ceramic Filters - provides superior channel selectivity and
prevents adjacent-channel interference.
Specialized Squelch Circuit - compensates for fading signals and
eliminates signal chopping during reception.

Last-Channel Memory - tunes to the last selected channel each time you turn on the radio.

Lighted SWR/RF/Signal Meter - displays the signal strength and the standing wave ratio (SWR).
Digital Channel Display - makes the selected channel easy to see.
Noise Blanking - reduces the noise occasionally generated by
nearby electrical motors or automotive ignition systems.
CB/WX/PA Switch - lets you quickly select among normal CB
operation, weather mode, or public address mode.
RX/TX Indicator - shows whether the CB is transmitting or
receiving.
S/RF/SWR/CAL Switch - lets you quickly change the display of the RF/Signal Meter to show radio input/output
signal strength, the standing wave ration of
the antenna, or SWR calibration data.

I wouldn't say this is a bad radio :)
made in early 1999.

6 pin plug

Bushwack i dont know why it did'nt come with the din plug!.BUT! the radio was givin to him and he was wanting me to wire his 4-pin cobra mike to this mess,i think he ought to call rat shack and try to get the original mike that was supposed to come with it. bigun297 :D

the radio shack 446 DOES NOT HAVE THAT STUPID PUSH IN DIN PLUG. 1 audio (white)---- 2 recieve (black)---- 3 transmit (red)---- 5 (shield)---- 4 and 6 (NC not used)

Yah Im guessing Radio Shack pulled there heads outta there asses and put a real mic socket on that radio.

trc 446

I got it fellas,pain in the ass but you really need to have jumper wires when you go from 4-pin cobra mike to 6-pin rat shack radio.Thnx for ya'lls hep! bigun 8) p.s yes bushwacker it came with the mike that had the up/down buttons and lock,but the old boy that brought it to me could'nt find it and ratshack disconntinued it's production.So we'll ya'll know the story! can ya fix it? :shock:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.