• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Real Radio Guys and Gals Drive These

Let's see. My Geo Metro gets 45 MPG and a $20 oil change every 6000 miles. 237000 miles and still doesn't use any oil. At $3/Gal for gas, that's 42000 cents/6000 Miles = 7 cents/mile, 6 cents/mile more to operate than the Tesla. At 100,000 miles on the Tesla, I will have saved 600,000 cents, or 6000 dollars. Then I have to buy a new 1000 pound battery pack for the Tesla, or a $20 oil change and another 9 gallons of gas for my Metro. Of course the Metro takes 10 seconds to get to 60 MPH and doesn't look near as cool. Still, I think I'll keep the Metro. It's paid for.

Rich

Well, I consider myself a "Real Radio Guy", just on a budget! Ok, so my ride isn't as nice. A rusty old S-10 Blazer 4x4 but it gets me around.

(Then there's the vintage Mercedes in the garage waiting to be restored! ;) )

KC2OST said:
you get hit in that metro and its funeral time.. LOL
Actually, the Metro that I'm driving was my wife's, until it was totaled. A Chevy Lumina ran head-on into her at a closing speed of 70+ MPH. Totaled out the Lumina, too. The Metro front end was crushed and the engine/trans-axle was folded down to the road. Windshield was still intact and both doors still opened. Wife walked away and three from the Lumina were hauled off to the hospital.

I bought the Metro back from the insurance company for $200 and gave $145 for another Metro that had a blown engine. put the two together with a few parts and have a great car for <$400. That was over four years ago and it's still going strong.

Rich

Lazybones1222 said:
I like the idea, but I am 6'4" and would look like a giraffe sticking out of that thing.

icon_roflmao.gif

ROFLMAO!!!

Remember "Hightower" in the original "Police Academy" movie driving from the backseat of that Honda Civic?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated