• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Realistic TRC 453

O

Old Pirate56

just became the proud owner of one of these for $30 usd anyone have any comments good or bad about these rigs?

</p>

I have one of these radios now and it has been a very good one! I keep it as a backup radio. It was given to me from a friend who used it in his work truck, a plow truck / sander for the Marquette County Road Commission, it took a beating in that service and developed a separation between the final's leads and the circuit board.... Simple fix! (y)
Only thing I do not like is the five pin DIN mic connector. Some have changed this to the more common sleeve type. Great modulation with the stock mic but an Astatic hand mic does wonders as long as you keep it low....
Almost identical to the PC122 and a close cousin to the Cobra 146. Not worth the effort for extra channels....

Here is a good info page....

Realisitic TRC453 Service Manual

mechanic

Simlar version to the Uniden PC-122 / TRC-465 / Uniden Pro 810E .......they are good radios for what they are. Solid drift free SSB operations on those. (could put a few Galaxy's to shame) Will tune up nicely , a good 20 watts SSB , best to keep more so on the low side on AM and let amp take care of things if need be there.

They will take the Galaxy/Expo N kits for extra channels . The clairifier can be open for RX and TX . A good power mic (575M6 if you can get one) will go nicely on them. You can say what you will about these radios , but they are surely decent AM/SSB radios for what they are , and if SSB is your thing ? You will be in like flint. :)

Reactions: Farmer Brown

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.