• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Realistic TRC-52 23 channel is it worth anything?

sluggo

Aug 11, 2010
Hey folks just bought a realistic trc-52 23 channel cb at a estate auction for 11 bucks the guy who passed away was a cb radio collector. The radio still has the plastic wrap on it and has never been used. Its from the 70's I believe. I want to know if this thing is worth anything to a cb guy and the fact it has been on a shelf for so many years since the 70's is there a chance it won't work. (I havent tried to turn it on yet) thanks for anything info.

is that you on ebay? if so, good luck with that. it seems about $85 to much. only a few realistic radio's are considered desirable by collectors, unfortunately yours is not one of those.

one thing you could do is make scans of the owners manual and mail or email them to cbtricks to add to the site.

The first "new" mobile radio I bought was a TRC 52. It gave me many years of trouble free service and would talk with the more expensive radios of the time. It had all the controls that anyone would want and with the audio adjusted to 100% was loud and clear.

Hey folks just bought a realistic trc-52 23 channel cb at a estate auction for 11 bucks the guy who passed away was a cb radio collector. The radio still has the plastic wrap on it and has never been used. Its from the 70's I believe. I want to know if this thing is worth anything to a cb guy and the fact it has been on a shelf for so many years since the 70's is there a chance it won't work. (I havent tried to turn it on yet) thanks for anything info.

You paid $6 too much.

It depends on who is shopping eBay at the time you list it.
The first thing you need to do is go change your ad and start the bidding at $9.99.
I seriously doubt that anyone will ever bite at the $100.00 starting bid or the $125.00 Buy it Now price.
What you may see however if you start it out at $9.99 is one person who actually wants it for their collection may bid on it and then the idiots will show up that think that they just have to have it and will get a bidding war going on it.
I have 3 of this exact radio in my collection and have sold 2 more just like it on eBay.
The first one had to be re-listed 3 times before it sold for $25.00.
The second one went for $155.00 after 2 people started a bidding war on it in the last day.
By the way, neither radio was NOS like yours, both were 9 out of 10 but were used.
You can just never tell with eBay.

Last edited:
cb tricks has the service manual, not the opners manual. some people like to have them for there old radios.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.