• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Remember, Tonight is the night!

After midnight, were gonna let it all hang down.
After midnight, were gonna chug-a-lug and shout.
Were gonna stimulate some action;
Were gonna get some satisfaction.
Were gonna find out what it is all about.

After midnight, were gonna shake your tambourine.
After midnight, its all gonna be peaches and cream.
Were gonna cause talk and suspicion;
Were gonna give an exhibition.
Were gonna find out what it is all about.

I heard 28.4 is gonna be bumpin!

I may be wrong but I thought you still had to pass the general written test?

Our VE rules show even if you passed the written less than 1 year ago you still have to go to a VE session and pay the 14 dollar fee to get your information sent in to the FCC to have legal rights for HF

NO, If you are a Tech, as of Midnight tonight, you will have Tech + (Tech plus) frequencys, that includes Voice on Ten Meters from 28.300 to 28.500.

The new rules also put all Technician licensees on an equal footing,
whether or not they've passed a Morse code examination. Starting
February 23, Technicians will gain CW privileges on 80, 40, 15
meters and CW, RTTY, data and SSB privileges on 10 meters.

Click the Link below and it will take you to the US Amateur Radio Frequency Allocations on the ARRL site, under the new rule, all Tech Lic holders will have the same privileges as Tech Plus.

www.arrl.org/FandES/field/regulations/allocate.html

Now If you want all the HF frequencys, you still gotta get General or up, but a Tech Lic will get you ON HF, and Voice on Ten is Awesome when the band is open.

Jeff

:D 28.400 huh? yes that is what i plan on doing walking in to the test session on sat. and handing then $14.25 and my scse for general and going home and play with my new ic-7000 or maybe i'll stick with the ft-847. more than likely a little of both.

:D i don't even have a dedicated 11 mtr. ant. up. in the process of building a "cobra" ant. just cant decide if i want to go with the senior or the jr. been looking at the mosely catalog real hard though.

We are trying a local net here in Staunton, VA. tonight at 8:00 pm on 28.490 usb, give it a try maybe we will talk. Also have my rigblaster pro all hooked up and ready to go on digital.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.