• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RFI Problem

116sd019

Feb 19, 2008
Hi All. Im using Long wire antenna and Grounding is OK also i make ground for radio but i connected room radiator. Some time I TX on radio and my computer keyborad not work. and im not use my CT-62 data cable. I cant use loogbook and remote program. No problem RX when i TX on radio my radio closed. my radio effect CT-62 cable or my computer how to solve this problem ? its possible use coax RFI Ferite or toroid

Feeding a long wire from the shack is always a tricky business as far as RFI. You'll find spots that it is o.k. and bands where it is horrendous.

I feed everything I play with via a 1:1 balun that is outside now to help alleviate issues. Short coax run to a heavy duty 1:1 DX Engineering balun outside, and feed whatever I want from that balun. 'Currently' that is 450 Ohm line up to a balanced doublet. With that setup, you can feed the long wire from one terminal on the balun and feed from the other against your ground.

My first low band antenna was an end fed 1/4 wave on 75m fed against ground...it was tricky, particularly since space doesn't permit me having the tuner and wire a bunch of distance from my radios.

What are you using for RF ground for the long wire? Did you run a long ground radial also?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?