• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RM Amplifier

9C1Driver

Aug 13, 2008
Great little amplifier for the money, new they are 75-80 bucks. If you want yours to last turn your dead key down to say 1.5 watts. On SSB I would run 8-12 watts PEP. If you get long winded I would also add a small fan. Here is a nice review below from CB Radio Magazine.

BigLou

May 15, 2018
SW FL.
I have had the KL-503 and the KL-703 and both have worked as advertised . If you do not run them hard they will last you a long time . If you tri to get every watt you can out of a amp any amp will die on you . No matter who makes it.

Stumblefoot

Jul 12, 2022
Thanks Y'all, now I just need o figure out how to turn my radio down..no pots, no adjustment, there is a mod to get a bit more out of it. Might just have to use one of my Uniden 980SSB, I know I can turn it down

Reactions: Rwb and Holydvr

Recon

NY 881
Jul 28, 2019
Up-State NY
anyone use an RM Italy amp? I'm using an RM Italy: KL203-p Am SSB and so far I'm liking it, I can push it with 4-5W deadkey and it swings about 150W, Picked it up at a yard sale for $20..
I've had my 203 for six months connected to a President Bill with a 2 watt dead-key, using a 102" whip with a Breedlove Stake Pocket Mount. Works great!

whiteastro

Feb 22, 2019
I've had my 203 for six months connected to a President Bill with a 2 watt dead-key, using a 102" whip with a Breedlove Stake Pocket Mount. Works great!
Hey where you been, haven't seen you on or posting? Just received a KL-503 today and have to figure the best way to hook it up to the Base Station !

Reactions: Rwb

whiteastro

Feb 22, 2019
I recommend nothing less than No. 6 AWG power wires with quality soldered ring terminals attached to the power supply.
Right now it's hooked to a deep cycle marine battery. They call for a 40 amp power supply. Gotta get 1.

Reactions: Rwb

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    solar storm report
  • @ k3zl:
    I am installing a G5RV and wanted to know if there is a way to enhance prior to installation.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    k3zl: "I am installing a G5RV and wanted to know if there is a way to enhance prior to installation"....He asked the "Q" left, like 2 minutes later and has not been back :cool:
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I hope he did not ask that question on the "ZED" he would get vaporized...75% telling in some "polite way" are you going to put up a "REAL" antenna? The rest telling him that's the greatest antenna ever with my 7300o_O:coffee:
  • @ Roadstar:
    still the dx wa 135 antenna