• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Rod of God

bushwacker

Jul 19, 2005
Northern Alberta Canada
Does Dave still make those "Rod Of God" antennas?
If so what do they usually go for?
Also-- looks like there is a glass capacitor of some sort close to the coil-- how strong is this?
Any other info on these is appreciated
Thanks in advance

I have heard you can still get them....

Go to the Davemade web site and e-mail Joe for info.

This is not a ride around antenna...If I remember right it's a full 1/2 wave...18 feet tall...It was designed for stationary key-down use...

I think that their around $500...There are alot of hand machined components on this antenna...

Hope this helps..

he has a few of the old style. there not being built right now. i was told the new ones will be beefed up a little. $550

Right on-- kinda pricey but I heard they RIP for talking skip-- thats what I'm lookin for-- theres a local mountain up here with a nice parking lot/scenic view at the top-- i can't get out toward the west because of the mountain range but all other dirrection are great
Just looking for something to throw on once I'm at the top of the mountain for talkin skip--I would really just be moving around the lot in different dirrections-- that glass capacitor still kinda makes me leary-- thats alot of antenna above it
Thanks for the reply-- wasn't sure if they were still making them

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.