• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Rohn tower

I've done 40' of Rohn 25 with about five people to 'walk it up' from the ground to upright while attached to the hinge base..with a rotor and antenna mounted.

I wouldn't like to do that again....it was pushing the limits. If you must do it this way, have someone 'chase' the group with a stout step-ladder so the tower can be rested on it in case the group can't make it all the way up.

I would recommend getting some leverage advantage using pulleys or a lift instead.

If it isn't too late, concrete in a break-over post with a winch on it too so you can lower it down more easily if you need to in the future...you could pull it up that way as well. I'm not sure I'd want more than 40' being suspended in a tilt-over either though so be careful how many feet you're pondering.

Ive raised 70' of tower, 10' of mast, a Maco 5 element and an imax 2000 on top of that several times all assembled on the ground and stood up in the air

double post . delete this one please .

Last edited by a moderator:
Having 'messed' with a 70 foot tower before, I kind'a figured something like that. :) Didn't get the thing standing up, nothing to do with raising it though. Carrying it home on top of a car was the real 'trick' (no, not all in one chunk!). You'd have had to have seen that :).
- 'Doc

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.