• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Schematic and help needed for PR-60 power supply

Nitmare67

Sep 15, 2008
I picked up a Tripp Lite PR-60 power supply for free from a friend. I was told he tightened the postive lug down accidentally grounding it then powered it up.

The unit does power up but I only see about 1.5v DC output. I do not find any burnt components inside the amp........ I think with a print I could work with it alot more. There is two seperate SCR's and 2 seperate transistor boards......I am thinking voltage regulator maybe just because it is common between the two components but the power regulation is complex for me.

Anyways thanks guys!

Trip Lite

I have a PR 15 the on/off switch went bad on it you could still turn it on but couldnt run anything on it!! Got a replacement switch from Kens Electronics works just fine now!! The switch is a perfect replacement but has a red lite in it instead of amber 6 or 7 bucks if I remember right!! TRIP LITE WAS NO HELP AT ALL THEY WILL SELL YOU A NEW ONE Wouldnt be able to say this on KBG FORUME !!! GOOD LUCK SUNNY!!!

Last edited:
Start about the middle of the supply and unhook the regulator boards. Then power the supply up and measure the voltage at the filter caps, it should be equal to the peak value of the secondary winding of the transformer ( rms x 1.41) If it is then you have a short or open in your regulator circuit, you can plug them in one at a time to find out which one is bad. To check the fuses measure the voltage across them, it should be 0 volts, if the fuse is good, and up to the full voltage if the fuse is open. To check zeners you measure the voltage across them, it should be right at the rated voltage of the zener diode within about 1/10th of a volt. The transistors you can check with the power off using the diode function of a dmm or with voltage measurements if you understand the voltage to expect for the circuit.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated