• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

searching for american kangaroo members

skip searcher

Nov 17, 2006
IRELAND
iam notto sure if iam posting on the right page of his site but as an operator of ssb radios for many years here goes i have just been viewing my log book for the past couple of years i uasually talk on 27.475 lsb when there are conditions from the usa for the past few years all my contacts have been made while ive been on vacation in the states now iam searching for any ak members i have loads of members callsigns in my logs my call is wj 450 29 division i have a couple of radios a ranger rci 2950 dx a great radio also a galaxy dx 95 t has all the extras the ranger doesnt have but i purchased the radio on output power i run the radios mobile one in my my big truck and the other in my four wheeler so if there are any operators out there who have spoken to me on the radio please get in touch so we can discuss the current situation as the opening on the band which myself and many operators are looking forward to many hanks to all

AK

Wow Ireland.
Conditions have been bad for any good skip overseas, but next spring conditions and the beginning of the sun spot cycle should begin.
Sorry haven't talked to you but yes 475 is the Kangaroo channel 24/7.

DOCTOR/AK795/CDX795 :shock:

Reactions: kaos513 and TheRATT
Hello AK-795,
Long time since we talked on 27.475. I know that we talked befor. IM AK-6667 and also (731 Chicago Mobile). I bet that you know Bill (AK-2525). And Danny from Ind. Well if very thing goes as it should next with the conditions. We should be back talking next year.. You take care and hope to hear you on 27.475 again.
Tom ( Ak 6667) (731chicago mobile)(CDX731)

Reactions: kaos513
yup, danny from indy (AK#1) & joe in the cornfields(AK#2), amongst many others that use LSB 27.385 on a regular basis.
as for ireland....i'll check QSL's & logs from the past, but i never realized they don't use punctuation there ;)

iam notto sure if iam posting on the right page of his site but as an operator of ssb radios for many years here goes i have just been viewing my log book for the past couple of years i uasually talk on 27.475 lsb when there are conditions from the usa for the past few years all my contacts have been made while ive been on vacation in the states now iam searching for any ak members i have loads of members callsigns in my logs my call is wj 450 29 division i have a couple of radios a ranger rci 2950 dx a great radio also a galaxy dx 95 t has all the extras the ranger doesnt have but i purchased the radio on output power i run the radios mobile one in my my big truck and the other in my four wheeler so if there are any operators out there who have spoken to me on the radio please get in touch so we can discuss the current situation as the opening on the band which myself and many operators are looking forward to many hanks to all
Hi there I was 26AK1936 does anyone know if the website is still up only there was a picture of me and I would really like to get hold of it.It has been over 20 years at that time I was in my early 20s so many memories talking to danny and the rest of the guys across the pond I was introduced to this group by Chris his call escapes me tho.Hopefully someone will read this and be able to tell me if the website is still up.thanks in advance and all the best to one and all.73s 26 AK1936

Reactions: TheRATT

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.