• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Silverado Install

Nitmare67

Sep 15, 2008
I am wanting to install my 2950 in my 05 Silverado but have no idea where I should mount it or how. I want the install to look clean. I do not have the center console or I could some how mount it in there. I have thought about just using a floor mount but I have no idea how it would look.

Anyone have any pictures of similar installs?

Thanks in advance

I drive a Silverado too. If you ever figure out where to put a radio, let me know :)! The radio I do have in the truck has a detachable face, so, radio under the seat, face/control unit at the center, in front of the dash, just above the FM radio. (I like detachable control heads.)
That isn't going to help you much, sorry.
One alternative is to place it on a 'stand' just in front of the console, or where the console would normally sit, close to the seat to clear the shifter if you have such a thing. I have a 'contractor's console' type thingy that straps onto the center cushion. Lid flips open to write on, etc. Also have a standard transmission. The clearance isn't all that much, but I could mount a radio on the front of that box I think.
There ain't no 'right' place in any new vehicle, you just have to do what/where you can. Will it look good? Who cares? If 'they' think it looks bad then 'they' just ain't got no 'taste', right?
(Us, what got standard trannies have it harder than ya'all with automatics.)
- 'Doc

Or, you could always go buy one'a them "How MUCH did you say that thing cost?" kind'a mounts... talk about ridiculous! But then I'm cheap.

o6 Sierra mount

I don't have pictures but I mounted my 6900 to the bottom of the dash. I used self tapping screws to attach the bracket right under the catchall hole in the bottom center of the dash. Looks good.

You cold get one of these brackets and mount it to the hump.

CB Radio Hump Mount - CB Radios Plus

I hang small business band radios under the dash, usually over the gas pedal.
There is a metal strip there, which is more secure than plastic. Some models under the catch all to the right.

Watch out on the newest ones(07-08-09), there is a computer in the middle, and wires below it that can be hit. I believe they call it the work truck cab, no center console.

Hump mount is good!!!! Easy install or make your own. Clean!!!!

You cold get one of these brackets and mount it to the hump.

CB Radio Hump Mount - CB Radios Plus

I hang small business band radios under the dash, usually over the gas pedal.
There is a metal strip there, which is more secure than plastic. Some models under the catch all to the right.

Watch out on the newest ones(07-08-09), there is a computer in the middle, and wires below it that can be hit. I believe they call it the work truck cab, no center console.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.