• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Smallest possible dipole for 40m band

TB2CB

Mar 23, 2009
Turkiye
The maximum usable roof width is about 32 feet (10 meter)
I have a 1:1 balun that I need for a dipole. But I need a shortened one to fit my roof.So my friends I need a used and tested "shortened dipole" or similar projects for 40m band. Thanx so much..

I think the shortest 40 meter dipole I've ever seen was two mobile 40 meter antennas mounted butt to butt. How'z that?
- 'Doc

I have the Alpha-Delta DX-EE up in my attic, with pretty descent results, both DX & local.
You might be able to run it in an inverted V configuration to cut down on total length.

fullant-26.jpg

http://www.alphadeltacom.com/pdf/DX-CC,%20DD,%20EE,%20LB,%20LB%20Plus%20instructions.pdf

Google

40 meter trap dipole

and go from there. The smallest traditional "dipole" for 40 meters will be somewhere around 66 feet long; you can't change physics because you don't have enough room.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.