• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

So much for building a moxon today....

mb91w126

Jul 24, 2013
www.facebook.com
I shouldn't have even turned on the radio this morning. Conditions to UK, Germany, and France were great today. West coast started coming in mid afternoon. Spent 6 hours chatting. I'm not turning it on tomorrow!

Reactions: binrat

homer-shoulder-devil-larger.jpg

. I'm not turning it on tomorrow!
c'mon, you know you want to...

Reactions: mb91w126
Not bad at all,
Thanks, I'm pretty satisfied.

whats the front to back like?

unknown, I don't have a tool to measure that yet, not certain that I want to allocate resources just to look at a number that I wouldn't be able to tune anyway.

I must admit it is a bit annoying when listening to UK stations calling CQ and half of Texas walks all over them. Beam is pointed @ 55* .

Reactions: Slowmover
I have had great front to back performance from mine. I can take a local 10+ s-unit signal down to around 2 s-units, and a DX signal can be reduced significantly. I have had better back end rejection from the Moxon than any of the 2-element quads I've run.
I don't know what your height above ground is, but I suspect it does better above 1/2 wavelength high. This idea is based on the difference I've noticed when working a Moxon low to the ground during construction and tuning, and higher up when using it on its permanent mount.

I don't know what your height above ground is, but I suspect it does better above 1/2 wavelength high. This idea is based on the difference I've noticed when working a Moxon low to the ground during construction and tuning, and higher up when using it on its permanent mount.

It was tuned about 1.33 meters above ground laying on two wooden closet doors sitting on top of two plastic recycling barrels . When it is erected on the roof, it will be about 10 meters above ground.

Yeah you can't really tune them that low because of ground losses. Its going to be way out. You'll most likely find its tuned way too high and you need to lengthen the wires.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?