• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Some one has been a bad boy

wile2u

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Sep 24, 2010
Central Valley
03/10/2011
After a Merced, California man refused to let FCC investigators inspect his Citizens Band (CB) radio station, the FCC issued a Notice of Apparent Liability for Forfeiture (NAL) for $7000. The Commission found that Ira Jones “apparently willfully and repeatedly” violated Section 303(n) of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended, and Section 95.426(a) of the Commission’s rules by failing to permit the inspection.
FCC Issues California Man $7000 Forfeiture Order for Refusing FCC Inspection

FCC Issues California Man $7000 Forfeiture Order for Refusing FCC Inspection

On March 26, 2010 and August 27, 2010, agents from the FCC’s San Francisco Office responded to a complaint regarding radio frequency interference within the radio communication system equipment of the Merced County Fire Department. On each of these dates -- in an effort to determine the cause of the reported interference created within the Merced County Fire Department radio communication equipment and to resolve it -- the agents requested an inspection of Jones’ CB radio station. Jones denied both requests, despite the fact that at both inspections, the agents explained the violations to Jones, and provided him with repeated verbal and written on-scene warnings of the consequences of refusing to allow an inspection of a radio station.

Jones must pay the $7000 forfeiture by April 9, 2011 or file a written statement by that date, seeking a reduction or cancellation of the proposed forfeiture.

This is one of our local jug heads, a real work of art!!! He goes by falcon, or california skip shooter 5210. This person has caused soooo many problems for law enforcement, and local ems it isn't even funny..

Sounds like he's about to get a bully beat down.

jason-mayhem-miller.jpg

I would deny entry also.

Prove I have a radio that needs inspection first?

If I say, I have no radio, what right do they have to inspect a non existent radio?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated