• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

soundcard interface homebrew

KB3TQO

Mar 26, 2010
Chambersburg PA
oops i put this in the wrong location sorry. ive been interested in digital modes such as, psk31,sstv for a little while now and thought about constructing a homebrew soundcard interface. i stumbled upon this
Interface Manual
i dont know how to post links so sorry in advance. i hope it works by typing it in as i have not tried it. after hunting down everything (components), i was unable to locate the printed circut board #100114B from Discovery Computing
it turns out that im about 4 years late on the last stocked boards. i guess in hopes with fingers crossed, maybe someone has a picture of the circut traces or something like that. i have schematics for this and a picture of the top w/ all components in place. i just wouldnt know where to begin w/ the schematics alone thanks a bunch if you can help.
73's
kb3tqo

Last edited:

Chris,
Try here;
Welcome to Johnny's G3LIV Home Page
This is G3LIV, Johnny, and he builds/sells that interface among others things that might come in handy.
Having dealt with Johnny about one of them, I can honestly say that I don't think that you will find someone who spends as much time/effort making sure his products will do what you expect them to do. If they won't do what you want them to do, he won't sell them to you. He also supplies interface cables for specific radios, won't say all of them, but for the more common brands/models.
He doesn't give those interfaces away, but they are not all that expensive (figure on the shipping from the UK also).
There are several reviews on these interfaces on 'eHam', take a look. I know that I'm satisfied with the interface I bought, and especially with the service.
- 'Doc

(There was one "Oops!". The insulation on one connector was very slightly 'thicker' than would fit into the jack on a Kenwood radio. 'Shaving' that insulation a bit 'cured' that easily.)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?