1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

Spot the fake

Discussion in 'General Ham Radio Discussion' started by w9cll, Oct 19, 2013.

1. w9cll

w9cll W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member

2. Qwazyone

Qwazyone Active Member

When was the last time Kenwood used stickers? Looks like the same antenna used on the Wouxun HT and probably Baofeng too

3. w2ibc

w2ibc W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member

And people think this China crap is so wonderful...

blah,

4. w9cll

The legit China stuff is fine, ok yeah a laughed a little when I said that but honestly my Baofeng UV-5r has worked great for two years now.

5. Shockwave

Shockwave Sr. Member

You can't blame China. They have been successfully riding on the back of other companies for a decade by stealing anything they can from intellectual property to complete disregard for any patents.

If you can seal a good name or design, you don't have to do any of the work and still get all the profit. The real problem is no other country has the guts (nice word) to stand up to China because the ones that should are so far in debt to them.

If there is no consequence for stealing we should only expect it to get worse. We are telling China it's OK. Nobody is going to say boo! Steal what you want whenever you want. We won't even try to block you from importing them.

6. Lil'Yeshua

Lil'Yeshua .......

7. 2RT307

2RT307 Sr. Member

One of the guys I work with that deals with China told me exactly that. He said it's been that way forever. Wonder who they stole fireworks from way back when? :D

RT307

8. Shockwave

Shockwave Sr. Member

I don't know. Maybe that one is theirs first. I can tell you anyone running a website selling products would be wise to have their IT guy block the China IP group. They start with sending the bots to your site. Then if they find something they like they steal your product and your marketing literature so blatantly it's as if they know there will be no consequence. Just stolen profits and deceived customers.

9. w2ibc

eh, which ever country stands up to them and tells china to f-off i will applaud them.

be nice to see the china boats with all the china junk getting sunk in the pacific.

10. Shockwave

Shockwave Sr. Member

We quietly let that opportunity pass us by many years ago. Due to many years of letting the wolves run the chicken coup, we are stuck right where we are forever. All this free trade flooded the market with cheap products that let every dollar they generate leave this country. That forced all of our manufacturing base to dry up and go out of business.

Now if we cut China off we will have just about none of the things we use on a daily basis and could never start making them again on our own without a major miracle. Try making it trough a single day without using anything made in China. You probably can't get past breakfast or your alarm clock going off.

11. w2ibc

well my alarm clock was made in the 80s. pretty much everything I own is old old old. if i do buy something new.. 1st thing i do is look and see where it is made.. if it says china. i put it right back on the shelf and walk away.

12. w9cll

Don't buy much do you? I have no problem with made in China as its just the way it is. We lost it years ago and it will never recover so that's it. Now when China calls their bonds we are done. How hard is it to speak Chinese?

13. w2ibc

nope I don't and if I do buy something its not made in china.. ill burn $100 before I give $100 to china.

14. Mudfoot

Mudfoot Elmer

So! You have absolutely nothing at all that came from China?

15. Captain Kilowatt

Captain Kilowatt Professional Amateur
    Staff Member

So honestly, what's wrong with buying something made in China as long as it meets your needs? Seriously, if you are pissed at the aggressiveness of the marketing or the generally lower quality of goods ( albeit cheaper) then don't blame China. Blame your own country for allowing such things to take place. If people were not demanding cheaper goods and higher wages then companies would not have gone to China to manufacture their goods. Also if the governments (plural intended) of the day had a little more balls there would be higher tariffs that would offset the cheaper goods making it harder to import and sell in North America. Yes, whether people want to believe it or not the REAL problem with Chinese goods is in fact US not THEM.