1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

Stryker 955 AGC mod..Anyone?

Discussion in 'CB and Export Equipment and Accessories' started by drifter291, Feb 28, 2014.

1. drifter291

drifter291 Member

Well here is the agc circuit that Shawn sent me from Stryker if anyone wants to play with it? I am not sure if the timing will help with the overload though. But there it is

Attached Files:

2. Twentyeight

Twentyeight Member

Hi Guys, I also find RX on SSB Stryker Poor.. Has anyone tried to modify the AGC..?
    Cheers

3. Twentyeight

Twentyeight Member

Hi did anyone find a fix...!
    Cheers

4. Twentyeight

Twentyeight Member

Hi any luck with Stryker 955..?

5. fogdog

fogdog Sr. Member

My 955 is still working great. I can easily fill a log book page everyday, and always get compliments on my signal. Just saying!

6. Tucker442

Tucker442 101E

Just get receive a aligned it’ll make a big difference

7. jon666

jon666 Sr. Member

just back off the rf gain a little you could squelch out the noise works for me

8. fogdog

fogdog Sr. Member

Yeah, that's the key. If you can back off RF gain, and then use the filter it will quiet down, but the 955 is noisy on receive. Even doing this it still won't stop the noise, but it does make it more pleasant to listen to.
    Wait until you try 10m FM. If your used to ssb or am, your in for a different experience. Total quite receive until a signal breaks your squelch. Me and a friend down the road use FM 10 everyday. It's pretty neat stuff.

9. jon666

jon666 Sr. Member

i got one i prefer using my ham gear.

fogdog likes this.
  10. Handy Andy

Handy Andy Do Your Research First, Then Decide...

Proof lies in the radios Past - hint Galaxy used a similar concept in using the LM324 Quad op-amp chip...

The issue lies in values and layout - here, ya, go...
    Stryker955vs447.jpg

Compare the two - your issue is with AM the 447 is AM - FM only - but the values used and concept is nearly identical - even down to the LM 324 SM pinout - it appears as pin-for-pin.

Now, since the radio is a SMD - type - you don't have the luxury of discrete. So you can try to obtain the parts and values to make the AGC a little better - or suck it up and bail out on a problem child for you and take on say a Cobra 29 and deal with it...

11. fogdog

fogdog Sr. Member

(y)