• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Sun Spots and You...

Robb

Honorary Member Silent Key
Dec 18, 2008
Silicon Valley CA, Storm Lake IA
The radio has been ringing off of the hook!
Here is a pic of today's solar activity below.

What did you catch today?

Attachments

• midi512_blank.gif
    midi512_blank.gif
    126.7 KB · Views: 269
  • Rogerio-Marcon-Mass-Ejection-14-Fev-2010-SW_1266157253.jpg
    Rogerio-Marcon-Mass-Ejection-14-Fev-2010-SW_1266157253.jpg
    293.9 KB · Views: 267

Had a QSO on 385/LSB with Unit 71/Andrew in Queensland Austrailia thirty minutes ago!
Longest contact so far -for me- on 11 meters.
He was coming in at 3/8...
Best solar activity yet on the West Coast so far this year.
Also taked to Tecniloco 2714 - a member of this forum - in Mexico right after that.
Both of us were 20 over 9 - conditions were optimal for about fifteen minutes.

Reactions: Red 5
I got a couple into Argentina, a couple more into Venezuela, one into Aruba and heard a few more caribbean islands aswell. All on 11M. Hearing some sporadic stateside on .025 from time to time, but very unstable. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for working some stateside before the winter skip hides away for another year though......

Had a QSO on 385/LSB with Unit 71/Andrew in Queensland Austrailia thirty minutes ago!
Longest contact so far -for me- on 11 meters.
He was coming in at 3/8...
Best solar activity yet on the West Coast so far this year.
Also taked to Tecniloco 2714 - a member of this forum - in Mexico right after that.
Both of us were 20 over 9 - conditions were optimal for about fifteen minutes.

Hello Robb:

Pleasure to meet you on the air on Ch 38 LSB,nice clean and strong audio + booming signal 20 over 9 at my qth in Mexico.

Also talked to Mauricio in Spain,Brian in Australia,Jose (don't get confused with the Famous Jose Cuervo) in Tabsco;Mexico.

Nice Skip Conditions today :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Andy
Tecnicoloco
73's

Sunday I had the best DX with the USA in a long time. Channel 15 - AM. It was bouncing all over the place. Louisanna, Virginia, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Texas. even one guy in Minnesota. Nine pound noise level all day. Hope this holds up for a while.

Just made a 2/5 weak contact with Queensland Australia.
Australia 148 & 155.
Listened to their local QSO - that was pretty cool!

Also made a contact in Maui Hawaii 432 mobile on the coast.

Today's sunspot image shows a new blemish on the Sun...

Attachments

• midi163.gif
    midi163.gif
    8.6 KB · Views: 253

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?