• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Swan Mark II

datsun66

Apr 10, 2005
Lewistown, Montana
I picked up a Swan Mark II for $ 50.00 and two spare 500z tubes for 20.00.
Know I need to wire my shack for 220vac. I did power it up on 110vac but it does need the higher voltage. Now I need to get that Kenwood TS-820 to power it up on 20 meters.
I just could not believe it only went for 50.00 and it works and it even looks like a 9.
Bob.

For what it's worth, no, that amplifier isn't going to do 2000 watts output. Remember, when that thing was first made, power was rated by 'input', not output'. So, a solid 1000 watts isn't unusual. Not a bad amplifier, just treat it 'gently'.
- 'Doc

Actually, Doc is correct,

If it is in really good condition, 1000 watts is about right. Any more would be asking for trouble.
Nice purchase!!!:sneaky2:
JR

Well, You have to remember what this amp was designed to be driven by. The Swan 350 and others in the family. At 100 watt, this amp will loaf at 1k.
KE7KPB

While I agree that a pair of 3-500Z's will loaf at 1 Kw output I would beg to differ about driving it any harder to obtain more power output given the power supply capabilities.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.