1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

Ten-TEN WInter phone QSO pty.

Discussion in 'General Ham Radio Discussion' started by bobcat115, Feb 2, 2009.

1. bobcat115

bobcat115 W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member

Feb 7 0001 utc Feb 8 2359 utc KB3NXT will be on 10 meters working 28.425 If you hear me please give me a contact.
    KB3NXT

2. bobcat115

10-10 contest

Will be on top of mountain after 12.00 noon. Conditions poor . Worked 3 states only. 28.425 KB3NXT

3. WX2MIG

WX2MIG Still Alive & Well

I was listening and spinning the dial on the Dragon SS-497 between 28.400 and 29.300, kept it mostly around 28.400 to 28.500 USB and heard nothing but white noise and static from my nieghbor's power saw.....
    Would have given you a shout if I heard ya.
    10 meters has been dead during the day, but lately there's been these temporary openings in the early evenings that last anywhere's from a 1/2 hour to 45 minutes. I've listened in on a station in Florida that was booming up the coast, on another evening I heard a station from Dallas Texas, the following night it was a couple of good ole boys from Henderson Ky...(sounded like rag chewing freebanders holding court)
    Two nights ago I heard a guy calling out, and thought it was a DX station, I answered his call, and he responded.....turns out the guy was in the next county and we connected via ground wave......:blush:

4. bobcat115

ten meters

Conditions were not the greatest today but I was able to make a contact in New Jersey. It was N2EOC. the other states I worked today were MD.,DE,NJ.,TX., and PA.
    KB3NXT

5. hookedon6

hookedon6 W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member

gee, 10 is a strange band this weekend. i had over 200 Q's and 21 countries (all to the south) from florida this weekend.:D

6. WX2MIG

WX2MIG Still Alive & Well

Yeah it has been wierd lately, and most of the stations I've been hearing are coming up from the southern states....(Florida, Texas).....

My dipole is facing a SSE / NNW direction, so Bobcat115 was probably off the weak end of that antenna, and why I've been able to hear a lot of activity from down south. The openings I've heard have only been short one's lasting less than an hour, but some of them came in strong.....

I listened again last night during what has been the golden hour of 10m lately.....(between 7:00 and 8:00 PM)..... but nothing was happening.......

7. bobcat115

10-10 contest

Was anyone in the contest.????? How did you do.?????
    KB3NXT