• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

texas star dx 100

ohiohayrake

Nov 10, 2008
ohio
Found an old dx 100 in the corner of my fathers garage.dad swears it worked the last he used it. I carry an ordinary 29ltd classic in the truck and would like to know if and how i'd go about putting the dx100 in the truck.Being it has been discontinued,I can't find much info about on it the net.everything is marked for easy hook up.I have nothing that explains what the buttons do?I'm not looking to wake up the pickle park from 10 miles away,lol.Just looking to get out and recieve a bit better then I am now.
thanks

Texas Star DX 100 Service Manual

They usually have all the Texas Star stuff.

Nice little kicker.

The red button is power, the white one is the rec pre amp (good for making even more white noise come out of your cb speaker), the Orange one is Low/high. I have never noticed a difference on my TS 350.

Have the dead key of your 29 turned down to between 2-3 watts and have fun with her.

Last edited:
Texas Star DX 100 Service Manual

They usually have all the Texas Star stuff.

Nice little kicker.

The red button is power, the white one is the rec pre amp (good for making even more white noise come out of your cb speaker), the Orange one is Low/high. I have never noticed a difference on my TS 350.

Have the dead key of your 29 turned down to between 2-3 watts and have fun with her.
Not totally sure but I assume the high/low switch is a limiting circuit for drive input levels, so a factory set cobra 29 should work fine on that amp.

You might try using the mic gain to control the carrier to peak outputs.

Last edited:
Not totally sure but I assume the high/low switch is a limiting circuit for drive input levels, so a factory set cobra 29 should work fine on that amp.

You might try using the mic gain to control the carrier to peak outputs.

Never thought of the switch being for that purpose, while I have the amps out and on the bench for the truck being at the shop maybe i will play around a bit.

The Hi Lo is power output levels. I would only dead key maybe 1.5 watts or whatever keys the amp on Hi at 20-25 watts.

I agree , 1 to 1.5 watts in on that little 100 should be like turning your radio into a dual transistored one. As far as hearing goes ? that would be your antenna system for the most part.

Try not to skimp on that area of your system. You might conceder having a reputable radio guy in your area tune your radio to the little box if you really don't have the know how yourself ?

If your 29 is stock ? chances are the 4 watts might be a little hard on the box ? , those little dudes will get hot in hurry ! Sounds like your on your way. (y) I see it's your first post , so let us know how it works out for you. Good luck.

Hi, I hate to bring up a old subject, But I just got one of these and the pre amp don't work, and mine has the 3 butons, and the one your saying hi lo am says SSB on mine??

Anyone know why the pre amp don't work? could it be Q1 or Q2?

Thanks

looks like it would be Q2 to me. it is a 2N2907

Q1 looks to be your keying transistor.

im not sure but i think the AM/SSB switch adds a SSB delay, and puts the amp in low.

LC

OK, I saw the info on cbtricks but what is in my amp now is Q2 is 2n4403 and Q1 is 2n4125, wich the info on cb tricks is the 2n2907 for both??? Q1 and Q2? what would the differance be there?

its just a standard PNP switching transistor.

they all cross reference to an NTE159.

a 2N3906 will also work and should be pretty easy to find.

good luck,
LC

Found an old dx 100 in the corner of my fathers garage.dad swears it worked the last he used it. I carry an ordinary 29ltd classic in the truck and would like to know if and how i'd go about putting the dx100 in the truck.Being it has been discontinued,I can't find much info about on it the net.everything is marked for easy hook up.I have nothing that explains what the buttons do?I'm not looking to wake up the pickle park from 10 miles away,lol.Just looking to get out and recieve a bit better then I am now.
thanks

ON/Off.....self explanatory I hope
preamp....amplifies received signals
AM low/high power...self explanatory I hope

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.