• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Thanks Jay in the Mojave

RoadWarrior

May 3, 2005
Tyrone,PA
Thank You for your great service!
I have never had anyone call me by phone
to let me know that they recieved my money
order and that you have shipped out the I-10k.
And if i had any questions...
Great Service! Thanks

High Miler

aside from it being a big antenna..
aside from it being a 5/8 wave antenna..
aside from it being able to handle power (not needed for me)..
aside from it have very low angle of radiating the signal..
aside from recieving far better then a fiberglass antenna..
aside from it working exellent for local..
aside it working beyond exellent for DX..
aside from it being a extremly well built antenna..
aside from it being able to withstand NJ NE winters..
aside from it having no TVI and RFI..
aside from exellent customer service..
aside from it being the best vertical availible now or in past..

aside from wondering why you still wonder...lol...
go look at it at www.a1antennas.com

i use simple equipment..
Icom 706MKIIG
Icom SM-20 desk power mic
20,30,35,40 and 45 amp power supplies
HF,VHF and UHF antenna tuners
HF to UHF antenna analizer
vertical 5/8 wave ground plane Jay's I-10K
vertical dual band Comet GP-9 high gain
Gulf alpha beams
beam horizontal 16 element 430-450 mhz
beam horizontal 12 element 222-225 mhz
Beam horizontal & vertical 9+9 element 144-148 mhz

dual horizontal loop antenna for 6 meters
Andrews Heliax LDF5 and LDF7-50A coax-feedline
Icom T-90A HT
Icom IC-R3 reciever
Kenwood THF-6A HT
and too much to list retired equipment lol

gulfalphaantennas.com/

Later

Sounds like the same thing I get with my Imax 2000... :p

As far as receiving... What's the DB Gain on it?? :roll:

Extra 150.00?? Naaa... What my $89.00 Imax won't do My Shooting Star will... In Spades.... 8)

My standpoint of getting a I-10k is i like
metal antennas better than the fiberglass antennas.
I'm getting to the point in my life where i'd
like to install an antenna and forget about it for
many, many years. Been changing antennas all
my life from them falling apart in the winds and weather.
The I-10k is built like a tank,so, i feel it's a good investment.

i dont like the noise a aluminum antenna picks up in the rain and snow. thats why i run a fiberglass. ill take your new england winters if you will take my northern minnesota winters. at first i was worried about the -40f temps (not windchill) if it would break but it didnt, that was 6 years ago. i moved last summer i got a brand new one for the new house and it is working well this far. i also get out extreamly well. not to bad for a 5/8 wave antenna.

if you are going to spend the money on an i10k get a beam, it will out talk the i10k and out recieve in every way.

I already have a Shooting Star beam up.
The I-10k will be used for groundplane Omni
directional use.
I have used fiberglass antennas quite a bit,
but, i prefer a good solid metal antenna.

Carl said:
i dont like the noise a aluminum antenna picks up in the rain and snow. thats why i run a fiberglass. ill take your new england winters if you will take my northern minnesota winters. at first i was worried about the -40f temps (not windchill) if it would break but it didnt, that was 6 years ago. i moved last summer i got a brand new one for the new house and it is working well this far. i also get out extreamly well. not to bad for a 5/8 wave antenna.

if you are going to spend the money on an i10k get a beam, it will out talk the i10k and out recieve in every way.

lemme know when you find a beam that takes up the same footprint, has as low of a windload, doesn't require a rotor, and can bring in stations from several different directions, different strokes for different folks...but those are a few of the reasons that I picked up a 10K....lemme know where you can have all that does for less than one of Jays...

Let me know when you can find an aluminum antenna that has 28x multiplication when you you wanta rattle someones cage...

Other than that my $150 dollar cheaper FiberGlass 5.5DB gain Antenna comes so Close to the Gain on the other... That with the little difference it makes... I'd assume take that $150.00 and invest it in something that will give me something someone will notice....

Spend the extra money, different strokes for different folks like everyone says... But it'll get no more noticed than an Imax 2000...
Got a guy 20 miles from here that uses one... Same power, line of site, and guess what... Same S-Units.

I was just trying to find what the big hipe was... I had a Hustler I used for years and the pinging and clanging on Aluminum I can vouch for...

Good luck with yours though... Sounds like a well built antenna that will give you many years of use.

I know a guy that's had his Imax for a long,long time though... Fiberglass will last a long time.. And when I have to replace it, another $80.00 bucks, and than I will still have to buy a 3rd a few years later to equal the price of the one mentioned above.

Alot of followers of both Antenna's though... It's all in what you look for and what you want to spend.. I can no more knock the guy for his selection, as I would want to be knocked for mine.

Again... Just wondered why these expensive antenna's are in such demand is all.

Have a good night all... '73'S!!

Everyone has there own likes and dislikes on different
antennas. I'm not really concerned what type of
antenna others people run or what they pay for
them. As long as they are happy with it, thats all
that counts.
I have run the Starduster, Big Stiks, A-99, Maco V5/8,
Sigma 4,Imax 2000, Top One, and others.
I have a Shooting Star up right now and a S.E. White
Lightning Quad down for Swr repairs right now.
The Quad gobbles up the Maco Shooting Star in
performance, but, i still like running the Maco and
I think it's a good antenna and it does a nice job.
So, i want a nice well built metal antenna to use for
Omni work. Not the cheap metal antennas i have used
in the past that broke or got bent in high winds.
I do not want anymore fiberglass high noise floor,bleed
stiks. And Jays antenna fits the bill!

"I do not want anymore fiberglass high noise floor,bleed
stiks"

The Imax 2000 speaks for itself.. And way tooooo many people can testify to that one...

Just ask the guys that hear mine at 150'!! Yeah I guess at 150' that one does qualify as a High Nose Bleed Stick... Made my nose bleed when I was hanging up there! :LOL:

73'S And good night...

High Miler said:
"I do not want anymore fiberglass high noise floor,bleed
stiks"

The Imax 2000 speaks for itself.. And way tooooo many people can testify to that one...

Just ask the guys that hear mine at 150'!! Yeah I guess at 150' that one does qualify as a High Nose Bleed Stick... Made my nose bleed when I was hanging up there! :LOL:

73'S And good night...

well I would think at 150'....it's not going to be a bleed stick, but most people cant get one up anywhere near that high, or for that matter would want to. If I could place an antenna up at 150, a $79 imax would not be my 1st choice.
I own an imax which I have had in a tree a 35ft and then at 75ft to the base, I'm lucky, and dont have neighbors for the most part so its no a big issue, but I can tell from the FS meter that its spraying pretty well at the lower height. The 10K with the radials has proven time and time again that it helps amazingly with knocking out TVI even at the lower height, as well as being one of the best designed antenna out there. Again, different strokes for different folks, but dont' knock it till you've tried it...every antenna has a purpose, I could never get the 10K where the IMAX is, but I also wouldnt bother putting an imax where the 10K is going....
The imax is a great antenna for the money, but you can go better and still have an omni!

f

It's NOT logically possible to knock an Interceptor 10k, it's just not - PERIOD.
Unprecidented quality and engineering.

LoneWolf TN

Lol... Whatever.... My Imax 2000 and Shooting Star at 150' will work anything I need it too and than some...

Like I say ... The Imax 2000 speaks for itself... Just read all the posts across this forum and others...

I'll take my 150 dollars saved and go buy me another radio... So I can work a bunch of Skip tonight with it barefoot on my Imax 2000 like I usually do! :p

Off to Bob's I go...

'73'S....

Yes, but, you got to understand i live in a neighborhood
with close houses around. I can't get real great height
on my antennas. The fiberglass Imax 2000 and A-99
bleed my neighbors to much and i get high noise levels
on them around here, more than i get on metal antennas
i have had up. My antennas and equipment are grounded
properly on each antenna i install.
The Imax 2000 and A-99 are good antennas for those
of you who can benefit from them.
Right now i have up a Top One (astroplane look-alike)
it hears alittle better at 31 ft to hoop, then my
Imax 2000 did at 38ft to feedpoint. Because i'm not
getting the high noise level i got off the Imax 2000.
I tried everything i could to quiet Imax down and to
stop it from bleeding. My attempts failed. Its time to
move on!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.