• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

They Can't Take A Joke On QRZ!

Are you sure you can take a joke?

let me qualify my post, i find little of this actually humorous, but what the heck...

"Superbowl Operator." Does that mean they're fat, swill beer and eat a lot of Cheetoh's?

I'm guessing that the original poster is saying his friends are among those who are involved in those CB keydown contests and while he wants to be one of us, he doesn't want to turn his back on his lawbreaking friends either.

How does a "keydown" work?

As I understand it, you have a CB connected to a
50000 watt amplifier in your vehicle with about 20
extra alternators to power the amp, you stand
outside the vehicle with your head as close to the
antenna as possible, and hold the mic key down
while shouting gibberish until your brain liquefies
from the RF and dribbles out your nose and ears.

As a response to the main question, don't abandon your friends...

I am amazed at how much concern there is in amateur radio about differences in people. CW forever vs. no code, CB'er/hams vs. CB'ers are losers, 30MHz and down vs. 30MHz and up, digital vs. analog, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria.

Can't we all [j]ust get along?

It's like a hodown without the hos.

Better than being a Blackhawk Down.

Not as good as 1st Down with 5 to go.

Based on what we read here, it must be a "my ***k is bigger than yours" demo done on or outside the CB frequencies.

Therefore render unto Part 97 what's to be done under Part 97, and to Part 95 as it is written. And woe to the Part 97 licensee who flouts either law, for he incurs the wrath of Riley.

And key downs work best with proper dot/dash spacing.

typical yankee

You nailed it!

KingCobra_CDX882 said:
Yo..

watch the yankee part... LOL

I reckon we are ALL guilty of taking things WAAAAAY too seriously at times. (HEY, BOY! ARE YOU A-MAWKIN' ME? AH'LL SMACK THE 'FAR' {FIRE} ) OUTTA YOU!" :D :p :LOL:

Chill out, throw up the old feet and have a chuckle! It'll do us good, won't it? :LOL:

CWM

I was really serious, what it comes down to is this; Who would you rather party with, a bunch of Hams or a bunch of CB'ers.

Am I supposed to stop going to Shoot-outs because I know that the law says that you are only supposed to run 4 watts on 11 meters? Is it wrong to turn a buck involving 11 meter equipment?

Actually, some of them were quite sympathetic but a lot of it was "We are_better_than_them_so_leave_that_part_behind" crap. Who really wants to run around like you got a stick stuck up your butt?

God is waiting for you. Go see him this Sunday and repent your sins.

Leave the stick at home though.

Wait, next keydown, bring some hos and prove them wrong.

might depend on the bunch and the context of the party. There's all kinds in every crowd

As long as I've got plenty of Maker's Mark bourbon and maybe some ice I don't really care too much about who I'm partying with as long as there's enough people of the female pursuasion around...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.