• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

This is my setup of my repair bench

Radio Tech

Radio Operator
Sep 9, 2008
North Carolina
www.gokarters.com
I never get time to talk on Cb or Ham. I spend all my time here on the repair bench.
This is just some of my test equipment.
Sort of messy.

IFR 1200 Service monitor
Com Ser Labs service monitor
Heath kit frequency counter model 2410
Kenwood SM220 monitor/scope
Motorola Auto tune deviation/tone/frequency meter
Project Board Dual variable power supply
Yaesu YC-500E frequency counter
Heath Kit model IT-12 signal tracer
Heath Kit model IT-28 Capacitor tester
RCA transistor tester
Various DMM and Simpson 260 meters
Homebrew rf-probes
Astron 70 amp power supply
B&K 177 VTVM
Dosy TC4002Psw watt meter
Dosy PM-1000-TS watt meter
Wawasee JB6000SW watt meter
Bird 4304 watt meter
Telewave 44A watt meter

Attachments

• 100_1718.JPG
    100_1718.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 929
  • 100_1721.JPG
    100_1721.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 651
  • 100_1722.JPG
    100_1722.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 736
Last edited:

I do not know much about elkin amps but that one appears to have at least one 3-500 inside with room for more.

Nice setup, is that an Elkin 4 tuber next to the D&A Maverick?
Love this stuff!!!

Yep. Still has the original filter caps installed. And on the other side of it is a restored 2 tuber.

I do not know much about elkin amps but that one appears to have at least one 3-500 inside with room for more.
The 4 tube is the gray and black box top left. The one on the bench is an AMP International.

The one on the bench is an AMP International.

Hey tech is AMP INTL the same as an "AMP Supply" and was that an original three holer or an original two holer for the AMP INTL.

Also from previously, did I understand you correctly that the Elkin is a
4 x 3-500 ?

oiriginal 3 hole. And that is correct. Amp International is the same as Amp supply.
Amp Internation is built for 10 meters "Hence International"

No, the Elkins use small tubes. 12DQ6's. The one in the pic above has 4 of them. Does around 400 watts.

Here is a pic of the inside of one I am working on.

Attachments

• 100_1678.JPG
    100_1678.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 314
oiriginal 3 hole. And that is correct. Amp International is the same as Amp supply.
Amp Internation is built for 10 meters "Hence International"

No, the Elkins use small tubes. 12DQ6's. The one in the pic above has 4 of them. Does around 400 watts.

Here is a pic of the inside of one I am working on.

Ok thanks for helping me with my questions. It appeared to me that the tube was larger and a 3-500 was a guess but as you pointed out and showed me, with the cover off, that the amp uses a smaller tube.
Before you did that, I was increasing the zoom of the picture of your bench and I guess from the angle that the picture was taken and comparing the size to the maverick 250 next to it, I thought that the tube that was visible inside the elkin looked big enough to be a 3-500, but not even close.

In addition to all that, very impressive repair bench Radio Tech.

Thanks for the kind words qrz?

I am quite proud of it. Right now it is in a mess. The past week end was holy terror. Seems I impressed one guy up north of me and he has already been back 7 times in the last week. With a new person each time. Not that I am complaining.

I do a lot of ham radio repair. Had 3 of them LK 800's in this week end.
Shops in a mess.

What is it?

Please tell me what the device make/model is next to the 3 chrome faced radios on the left. It has a blue Oscope screen and two analog meters on it! Thanks!

Attachments

• 100_1718.JPG
    100_1718.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 446
Hello, I am requesting assistance with HI-FI for my cobra 148 gtl. Can someone assist with getting the quality sound?

Thanks

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated