• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Those crazy mosfets

Cityboy

Dec 25, 2008
I have been tinkering with the idea of usin the mosfets and have both the erf and 520 kits. I have intalled one in a very good peaked and tuned cobra 29 ltd classic. I put it on the meters and the dk dropped to 1 1/2 watts and peak was around 24-26w. Before the mods the numbers were dk: 6 1/2w and pk: of 22-24w. The mosfet definitely increased the modulation,but messed the settin of the swr's. I have some people I know claiming they are getting 35-45w out of the same kit. So the big question are my numbers correct or are theres with 13.8v supplied and using the 520 kit. Also how much of the actual mosfet mod is harmonics, I have a scope but no probes and need some tutortials to use. Thanks Dave

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.