• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Time is now to revive CB Radio

NorthStar

Administrator
Mar 21, 2005
Theirs no time like 2011 for CB Radio's to make a come back. CB Radio needs reinvented marketed and revived. CB Radio at one time was the backbone of America communications. Anyone have any ideas???

Reactions: Raccoon

STOP THE POWER PISSING COMPEITION AND USE IT LIKE IT WAS INTENTED TO BE USED !!!! :headbang:headbangYOU MIGHT EVEN LEARN SOMETHIG !!
That sounds easy. But HAM has frequencies between 23cm and 160m, while CB has frequencies on 11m only. Surely you can see where that breeds the perceived need for more power.

STOP THE POWER PISSING COMPEITION AND USE IT LIKE IT WAS INTENTED TO BE USED !!!! :headbang:headbangYOU MIGHT EVEN LEARN SOMETHIG !!

Completely disagree with that assessment.Nothing better than some competition to keep your equipment in top shape.
CB is just doing a slow death and everyone behaving themselves would just bring about the end quicker.
Most kids don't have the time when you consider they spend most of their youth on the internet or video games.

Reactions: Marconi
That sounds easy. But HAM has frequencies between 23cm and 160m, while CB has frequencies on 11m only. Surely you can see where that breeds the perceived need for more power.

Eventually the need of many will overcome the wants of a few, can you say BPL:pop:(y)

Less CBs that look like this:
0706_4wd_01_z+cobra_29_cb_radio_review+faceplate.jpg

More like this:
Magnum_257.jpg

Remote face.
Optional frequency display instead of channel.
Make SSB the standard
Better receiver processing

It'd also be nice if the FCC increased the power limit to 25w.

Also, more 102" whips. Accept no substitutes.

Reactions: TheRATT
Anybody got any friends in Hollywood? Get them to make some movies where cb is a big thing and that would get some interest back in it again. Expecially show some stuff where the cb can be used to call for help or home when the cell phone has no service.
I use my plain old 148gtl for my base and I have a simple trc 483 with weather band in the Jeep and that pair can reach over 17 miles with a little 3 foot firestick and a dipole.

Reactions: Groundhog KSS-2012
What some members do forget, CB will always be in the Trucking Industry. That has been a long standing with truckers. The only problem is the new generation of truck drivers. Some of them have no respect for them selves, Let alone those who are on the road. JMHO from an Ol' School Trucker/ 1976- Still trucking.

What some members do forget, CB will always be in the Trucking Industry. That has been a long standing with truckers. The only problem is the new generation of truck drivers. Some of them have no respect for them selves, Let alone those who are on the road. JMHO from an Ol' School Trucker/ 1976- Still trucking.

You may have to rely on that cb if the cell phone ban for trucks goes through.

The next trucking movie to come out is Craig Brewer's Mother Trucker.
Its said to be a modern uptake on smoky and the bandit.
who knows if CB is a part of it.

CB was big because it was the only available personal communications technology.
Not so today.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.