• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Tram D201A........this will blow your mind!

King Mudduck said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/TRAM-D201A-VINTAGE-CB-RADIO-NEW-STILL-IN-ORIGINAL-BOX_W0QQitemZ280056259320QQihZ018QQcategoryZ1501QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I know these things are hard to come by but DAMN!

Those radios were great radios in their day but there are some new radios out there that would certainly outdo it.
I think the seller is a little wishy washy.
I guess if idiots are prepared to spend 1.5 million $ for a Hemi Cuda then $1000 for an unused Tram D201A shouldn't be unrealistic.

a nice radio for its day
great for a collector

but so many radios would destroy it today

ofcourse a collector is not conserned about that

myself
i go over board in many ways with radios
but i want the best availible in todays technology

why take 3 or 4 steps back

looks nice though

KingCobra_CDX882 said:
a nice radio for its day
great for a collector

but so many radios would destroy it today

ofcourse a collector is not conserned about that

myself
i go over board in many ways with radios
but i want the best availible in todays technology

why take 3 or 4 steps back

looks nice though

last year I was bidding on a NOS unused Cobra 2000 GTL in the box and put in a bid for $400. Went to work and when I got home I found that the radio sold for $774.00.
If I knew then what I know now............damn.

Feedback Score: 461
Positive Feedback: 99.8%

Members who left a positive: 462
Members who left a negative: 1
All positive feedback received: 528

He must be doing something right....that ain't bad.

its not even close to new if thats the radio he bought for 400

Carl said:
its not even close to new if thats the radio he bought for 400

This is the same USED Tram D201A that this seller purchased on eBay for $400.00, and who is now trying to re-sell for $1,400.00. on eBay.

"Buyer Beware"

your just trying to get your monies worth.

I don't suppose ebay has any kind of fraud alerting system?

I suspect it is a fraud, but it would be hard to prove it is the same radio...

This is no big deal to me here , best sounding cb radio ? I personally think there's hundreds of good sounding radios (sound is in the ear of the beholder) , I might give you a hundred dollars for that Tram , only to sell it for 4 hundred, if this guys thinks or should get 1000.00 on top of that for it ? Good for him !! Ebay's no different from a cotton pick'in swap meet , that's the way it goes, I don't see any fraud here ? unless IM missing something ? but then again , I don't think it's the best sounding cb radio on the planet either.

That guys prices are always crazy.Everything he sells is always triple the price. (You don't have to buy it ,but you do have the right to bitch ,moan and groan about it for what that's worth ? ) Folks out there have a lot of money to spend ,unlike many of us , if they want it bad enough ,you bet your a$$es they will buy it. I honestly don't see where it makes the seller a bad guy .......I see ads like that all the time , I seldom give them a second thought . Peace

identicle???

There is no way that this guy would have two of the identicle (spelling?) radios in the same condition. He is misrepresenting the radio and yes that constitutes fraud. Ebay should at the very least remove this item from the auction and possibly press charges. They have done that in the past and with the little bit of research that has been done it wouldn't be hard to prove I would say.
Paul

What is he misrepresenting? That's it's "new"???

It's 30+ years old. Of course it's not literally "new". What do you expect? How "new" could it possibly be??? He said the box was open, and rated it at a 9.5. He said that it has been tested...therefore not technically "new". Same radio or not...who cares???

I think everyone is in a huff because the fellow is going to make some quick cash.....reading his item description it would take more than little specualtion to call the guy a liar.

What fraudulent claims? What misrepresentation???

530 ebay transactions and he's only had one negative (as a BUYER).

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.