• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Tram Radio Repairs

what did he do to ur tram

what did he have to do. i also have a couple of trams that need work. on another forum i asked the question had anybody ever have had the radio dr. work on there equipment but got no feed back. he is cloes to me in richmond even thou i am in so. md. i would like to find a tech i can drive to and drop off a radio for repair. i know of another of couple of guys that are fantastic on trams,brownings and other tube radios but its just a hassel to shipp stuff out. please let me know what all he did to your radio. thanks steve. :?:

First of all, when I bought the Tram (from eBay) it was DOA. I then shipped the radio to the Radio Dr. who replaced some parts (caps.,resistors, diodes, etc.) and aligned the RX/TX, cleaned the controls, tested the tubes, and peaked and tuned the radio. The radio now works like new and it does approx. 12 watts dead key on AM and it also has nice audio using a stock mic. The turnaround time was a little slow but it was well worth the wait.

I hope this helps.

hey thanks for the info. i have talked too him on the tele and he seems like a busy guy. i know he does a lot of repair on radios that the truck stop techs along route 95 can't repair. i will give him a try also he seems to be very very fair on his pricing. i have a few old tube rigs i would like to get back on line. a lot of guys i talk too want to rebuild the whole radio and i would have to ship it off. radio doc is only about an hour away from me i will take that drive for a good tech. thanks again

Hey radioreddz let me know how you make out with the Radio Dr. In my opinion his flat rate pricing is very fair especially with the old tube radios, which can be very timely to repair. I even shipped the Radio Dr. an old non-working Turner +2 mic. for repair, and he only charged me $5.00 to repair it.

73's

hey a big 10-4 on that i sure will let you know. your info on him was a big help he's close to me and can fix on the old tube stuff, to me there is nothin like the smell and glow of the ol'e glass. i have a browning r23 27 for repair also a browning eagle mark II a tram d201 and d201a i have been taking my mark IV and mark III's to aguy in falls church va been happy with him also but always looking for another good tech. also i do have a browning mark III for sale $375.00 its just been gone thru again thanks for the help i am going to contact heim today and set sumthin up to drop off one of my trams to give him a try. 73's tp ya steve. 929 in md.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated