• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Tripod mounted portable HF antennas

Moleculo

Ham Radio Nerd
Apr 14, 2002
Don't forget about the Buddipole stuff, as well. You can mix and match components with the Wolf River coil if you like that design better. The buddipole shock cord whips with adjustable tips are pretty nice.

Riverman

Old Member
Nov 12, 2013
Buddiestick is indeed a good vertical. Had one.
IMHO, the Wolf River coil is quicker and easier to tune though And there is no little plastic gizmo to drop in the grass.

Lots of good options, Possum!

Rabbid Possum

Jul 26, 2021
Tennessee
Buddiestick is indeed a good vertical. Had one.
IMHO, the Wolf River coil is quicker and easier to tune though And there is no little plastic gizmo to drop in the grass.

Lots of good options, Possum!
Was going through storage yesterday and found my super antenna that is a tripod mount. Completely forgot that I had it as a spare after moving. Got to get a set of radials for it and I'll get it out and play with it.

Riverman

Old Member
Nov 12, 2013
Was going through storage yesterday and found my super antenna that is a tripod mount. Completely forgot that I had it as a spare after moving. Got to get a set of radials for it and I'll get it out and play with it.
There you go!
It’s likely on par with both the Buddiestik and Wolf River antennas. Be sure and report back.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    GR&T Super MC-11/A Crystal Synthesized and is in SAMS #22 I have no further information on this radio.
  • @ Robert Dinsmore:
    I have schematics and Manuals I need someone to work on it
  • @ Robert Dinsmore:
    I have a MC-7 as well W D-104!
  • @ Robert Dinsmore:
    does anybody have any Ideas for working on a General MC-11A