• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Truck Stop CB Shops Beware !

If they start sending out citations for using profane language, 99 percent of the users will get one

I don't know about the rest of you, but when skip is rolling I hear truck stops in general, truck stop CB shops and a lot of CB shops advertising on 19. I talked to some CB shop in PA for about 10 minutes one day about his services and what he had for sale until I finally told him I was in NE Alabama.
I won't bother you with the details of his side of the conversation after that.
:LOL:

Just noticed that they issued a Notice of Violation instead of a Citation. A NOV may only issue if the person has a license or is supposed to have a license. In this case, the NOV says the recipient is a "licensee" on the CB. Since when did the FCC start issuing CB licenses???

Just noticed that they issued a Notice of Violation instead of a Citation. A NOV may only issue if the person has a license or is supposed to have a license. In this case, the NOV says the recipient is a "licensee" on the CB. Since when did the FCC start issuing CB licenses???
I had one in the mid 70's but I could not tell you when they ceased this insanity.

In the day every new cb came with a licensing form to fill out and send to uncle Charlie and in 4 to 6 weeks you had a cb license.

...the NOV says the recipient is a "licensee" on the CB. Since when did the FCC start issuing CB licenses???

Shioda -

They don't. Maybe the guy holds a GENERAL RADIOTELEPHONE OPERATORS LICENSE. It used to be a requirement to have one to work on CBs ( but not any more). I have one and would sure as hell hate to lose it.

This may not explain it, but citizens are "licensed" under blanket authority of FCC so long as they obey Part 95, Title 47, US Code. When you crack open the mike and transmit with your CB, you are agreeing to obey those rules "by proxy". So when you talk on the CB, you are a "licensee"! May be clear as mud, but that 's how it works---even if, to you, it makes no sense! :D

CWM

This may not explain it, but citizens are "licensed" under blanket authority of FCC so long as they obey Part 95, Title 47, US Code. When you crack open the mike and transmit with your CB, you are agreeing to obey those rules "by proxy". So when you talk on the CB, you are a "licensee"! May be clear as mud, but that 's how it works---even if, to you, it makes no sense! :D

CWM

Nice reach. Too bad there is no way that would fly. Fact is, I knew the licensing requirement was abolished. I was being facetious here. Once again the FCC agents apply the wrong procedure.

Can't believe this is even being discussed.

47 CFR 95.404. "You do not need an individual license to operate a CB station."

See also: FCC: Wireless Services: Citizens Band: CB Home
Citizens Band (CB)

Citizens Band (CB) Radio Service is a private two-way voice communication service for use in personal and business activities of the general public. Its communications range is from one to five miles.

Licensing

License documents are neither needed nor issued and there are no age or citizenship requirements. As long as you use only an unmodified FCC certificated CB unit, you are provided authority to operate a CB unit in places where the FCC regulates radio communications.

Go read the rules! They allude to it in their "civilian" interpretation of Part 95. You might not think so, but we all are still "licensees" under Part 95, just as hams are "licensees" under Part 97. I didn't just make this up. Why don't you call them and tell them you aren't subject to Part 95. See how well that goes!:LOL:

IF we weren't "licensees" then we could tell FCC to take a flying leap; we aren't subject to Part 95! Last I heard, they're popping CBers right and left down in Florida right now, some of them who must've felt they "weren't licensees"!:LOL:

Go read the rules! They allude to it in their "civilian" interpretation of Part 95. You might not think so, but we all are still "licensees" under Part 95, just as hams are "licensees" under Part 97. I didn't just make this up. Why don't you call them and tell them you aren't subject to Part 95. See how well that goes!:LOL:

You are not using licensee in the same manner I am. Under the rules, if you are not a "licensee" you must be issued a formal citation before you can be fined unless you are engaged in an activity which requires a license and you don't have one. If you are a licensee and engage in conduct in violation of your license terms, you can be fined without being issued a citation. If everyone using a CB was a "licensee" as you seem to believe, then there would never be the need to issue a citation. The FCC could just issue a fine. However there are court decisions striking down FCC fines to CB dealers because no citation was issued first.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated