• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ts830s 11 meter mod

:angry: Such a beautifull radio to hack for 11m. :cry: I have the predecessor the TS-820S in mint condx and will NEVER mod it for 11m. I would love to have a TS-830S to go along with it. Since it does not have AM why not leave it alone and pick up a Yeasu FT-101 series and mod the hell out of it for 11m?

Changing out one or two 10 meter crystals with 11 meter ones and doing a little tuning if necessary, isn't hacking. It's no different that doing any mod to any radio.

Changing out one or two 10 meter crystals with 11 meter ones and doing a little tuning if necessary, isn't hacking. It's no different that doing any mod to any radio.

OK so the term "hacking" was perhaps a little strong but I still feel the same. Retuning it sometimes requires a differant bandtap position if you want to go below Ch#1 and that becomes hacking IMO. I just hate to see wonderfull old 820's and 830's as well as Yaesu FT-102's etc sacrificed in the name of 11m. The FT-101's are a dime a dozen on the air and have wonderfull AM performance. If one does not want AM, which the 830 does not have anyway, then a newer solidstate clip-a-diode-and-go rigs are perfect for 11m SSB.

...I just hate to see wonderfull old 820's and 830's as well as Yaesu FT-102's etc sacrificed in the name of 11m.

Why, I've always considered an honorable tribute to put them ol' classics on 11m!

(Sparky ducks, awaiting flying plates, saucers, and other miscellaneous items of painful consequence aimed squarely at his head...)

-

ts830s on 11 meter

I know some people don't like to mess up a great rig but, if it is changed over will it still work fine on all the bands , I don't want to "hack it up" i just want to use it on anothee band. Can it be changed easily? Just want honest answers no "hash slinging" What other radios do any one recomend that will cover am/ssb pn 11 meters?

Hey Butt thanks for the reply are u using a ts 830s? If so does all the other functions on the radio work on 11 meters and can you work usb.lsb frq with it?

Fatman

Everything will work on 11m however the RX may possibly need to be peaked a little to get the best sensitivity on that band.The TX is usually not so much an issue unless you try and go below channel 1 and then the TX will need to be retuned.

Why, I've always considered an honorable tribute to put them ol' classics on 11m!

(Sparky ducks, awaiting flying plates, saucers, and other miscellaneous items of painful consequence aimed squarely at his head...)

-

You say "honor" and I say blasphemy. :sad: IMHO classics should be stock. That's what makes them classic.

TS-820s 11m mod

I have a Kenwood TS-820s I got the 11m crystals put in now the VFO will not change the Freq. in those bands. does anyone have any ideas to what is wrong or have I not done something I should have. Thank you for looking at my message. Please e-mail me at: marcum1235 at yahoo dot com.:headbang

I have a Kenwood TS-820s I got the 11m crystals put in now the VFO will not change the Freq. in those bands. does anyone have any ideas to what is wrong or have I not done something I should have. Thank you for looking at my message. Please e-mail me at: marcum1235 at yahoo dot com.:headbang

Where did you install the crystal at? Did you replace a 10m crsytal when you did it or install it in a fixed crystal freq position?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated