• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Tube project sugestions?

T23

Apr 17, 2010
I have a set of tubes that are in an old radio chassis that I would like to do something with, The radio is not operational and I think the 7A8 or the 7C7 may be blown, here are the tubes:

7A8

7C7

7B7

7C6

35Z5-GT

50l6-GT

I was hoping to build an AM broadcast band transmitter or something similar. I know there was the knight kit 760 that used the 35Z5 and the 50l6 tubes but I can't find a full schematic that I can work with online.

T23

I put up a link on your 50l6 thread. (with pics)I know it says 50C6 on that schematic but it works with both. Just make sure the pin out is right. I have my 50L6 TX working now. It is actually pretty decent. Remember much of the circuitry is power supply. There really arent a lot of parts in a CW 1 tube TX. I built the power supply integral. I dont think I would again.
Don VE3LYX

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.