1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

Tube project sugestions?

Discussion in 'Home Brew' started by T23, Nov 4, 2010.

1. T23

T23 Active Member

I have a set of tubes that are in an old radio chassis that I would like to do something with, The radio is not operational and I think the 7A8 or the 7C7 may be blown, here are the tubes:

7A8

7C7

7B7

7C6

35Z5-GT

50l6-GT

I was hoping to build an AM broadcast band transmitter or something similar. I know there was the knight kit 760 that used the 35Z5 and the 50l6 tubes but I can't find a full schematic that I can work with online.

T23

2. Dolmetsch

Dolmetsch Member

I put up a link on your 50l6 thread. (with pics)I know it says 50C6 on that schematic but it works with both. Just make sure the pin out is right. I have my 50L6 TX working now. It is actually pretty decent. Remember much of the circuitry is power supply. There really arent a lot of parts in a CW 1 tube TX. I built the power supply integral. I dont think I would again.
    Don VE3LYX