• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

tune up for pres lincoln

bettyeboop

Sep 12, 2007
deep south
can you give me a good link for tune up on this radio. it has a dead key of 38 watts on bird 43 but no swing.....I used it barefoot on a trip recently and it was not getting out like it should.

any help will be appreciated....there is a guy that has a web page for this radio but I cant remember it.

thanks again...one day I will get it....lol

Doc's Electronics, in Buffalo NY....that may be who you mean...he is the choice of most who get those radios done...

get the full meal deal tune up....you won;t be disappointed...he gives them ears like no other as well..

good luck

well for one thing youre kiling your radio.... those are not sposed to be set for a dk of over 25 watts.... all those super golden screwdrivers will tell you that.....secondly im not surprised it isnt getting out that well...how can your audio prosper when when ur dk is so high that ur starving the audio ic? dunno why people crank the living he double hockeystick out of their radios anyway..... :shock: ill try to find the link...found one of em... theres others tho...most of them state no dk above 25 watts unless all the power MODS have been done...

http://www.radiomods.co.nz/hrmods.html

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.