• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

tuning

GunSlinger338 said:
whats the best way to tune a 3cx3000 mobile amp
what rmp .
dead key .
ect....................ect...................

With plenty of assistance from someone with experience............someone keying the mic and you tuning the amp.

Are you new to this amp or is this amp new to you? Have you ever run this amp before? What type of meter do you have?

Me personally, I would expect that the person that sold it to you should have tuned it for you when it was installed.

Bottom line here is this: if you have a 3CX3000 mobile amplifier and you don't know how to tune and care for it, then you may not be qualified to operate it.

edit: Blow it up a couple of times; these will be expensive lessons but, I bet you will learn how to run it.

paws264 said:
GunSlinger338 said:
whats the best way to tune a 3cx3000 mobile amp
what rmp .
dead key .
ect....................ect...................

With plenty of assistance from someone with experience............someone keying the mic and you tuning the amp.

Are you new to this amp or is this amp new to you? Have you ever run this amp before? What type of meter do you have?

Me personally, I would expect that the person that sold it to you should have tuned it for you when it was installed.

Bottom line here is this: if you have a 3CX3000 mobile amplifier and you don't know how to tune and care for it, then you may not be qualified to operate it.

edit: Blow it up a couple of times; these will be expensive lessons but, I bet you will learn how to run it.

I am new to the amp
with my new radio shack meter
I do my own installs
Qualified !!! LOL
I will go check on what it will take for me to become qualified

You got a sense of humor, I like that! :D

Hopefully, you have a way to monitor you high voltage on your tube, if so, run your engine up to about 3000 Volts and tune it out using a low (100-200 watts) input.

Turn on the peak reading on the bird 43P and adjust the load for max forward.

Depending upon how many high volts you have, you can expect 5-K easily.

Do you control the field on your AC alternators or is it tied to the regulator?

Mel

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.