• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

turbo board project(picture up now)

F

fnkycoldmedina

i didnt like the way the turbo echo board sounded in my cobra 29 so i proceded to make a project out of it.i got me a project box from rat shack and made me a portable turbo echo box out of it.i mounted the turbo board in the box ...added a 4 pin female socket to connect too ....wired everything up inside that needed to be done,added a on/off switch and a light,then routed everything out the other side via a old mic cord.i had to run a 12 volt line in of course to power it up.so now i have a portable turbo echo that i can use on any 4 pin cobra,galaxy...ect.....as long as i can plug it in to 12 volts.came out pretty good.i also made a access hole in the box so i can turn the preamp up n down at will without having to open the box.these boards have an adjustable preamp on board.maybe i,ll put a pic up soon...........

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub86.ezboard.com/bworldwidecbradioclub.showUserPublicProfile?gid=fnkycoldmedina>fnkycoldmedina</A> at: 11/27/03 9:43 pm

i didnt like the way the turbo echo board sounded in my cobra 29 so i proceded to make a project out of it.i got me a project box from rat shack and made me a portable turbo echo box out of it.i mounted the turbo board in the box ...added a 4 pin female socket to connect too ....wired everything up inside that needed to be done,added a on/off switch and a light,then routed everything out the other side via a old mic cord.i had to run a 12 volt line in of course to power it up.so now i have a portable turbo echo that i can use on any 4 pin cobra,galaxy...ect.....as long as i can plug it in to 12 volts.came out pretty good.i also made a access hole in the box so i can turn the preamp up n down at will without having to open the box.these boards have an adjustable preamp on board.maybe i,ll put a pic up soon...........

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub86.ezboard.com/bworldwidecbradioclub.showUserPublicProfile?gid=fnkycoldmedina>fnkycoldmedina</A> at: 11/27/03 9:43 pm

Re: turbo board project

looks great man! all you have to do to get your pre-amp adj.pot remotely mounted would be to remove it from the circuit board and measure the value across the wiper terminals and get a chassis mount pot of the same value,drill a hole,mount it,and add jumper wires from the PCB to the new pot! the hardest part would be matching up a knob to the other dual control knobs! good job and you can pat yourself on the back and say"I DID IT MYSELF!"

Slim

slimsig.gif
</p>

Re: turbo board project

looks great man! all you have to do to get your pre-amp adj.pot remotely mounted would be to remove it from the circuit board and measure the value across the wiper terminals and get a chassis mount pot of the same value,drill a hole,mount it,and add jumper wires from the PCB to the new pot! the hardest part would be matching up a knob to the other dual control knobs! good job and you can pat yourself on the back and say"I DID IT MYSELF!"

Slim

slimsig.gif
</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated