• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

TV offer rip-off....

WX2MIG

Still Alive & Well
Dec 10, 2008
39° 19' 23" N X 74° 36' 30" W
I've been watching the TV offer for the Eco-Canteen for a while now, seeing that it might be a good alternative to bottled water I decided to jot down the 800 number, and give them a call, I will now relate to you what this scam entails.....
Now the add on TV informs you that you get the adult size Eco-Canteen, plus the insulated cover, and at no additional cost they include the kid size Eco-Canteen also with the insulated cover, plus both are stainless steel lined to not effect the taste of your water, and all included for the introductory price of $9.95 plus shipping and processing.....

First you get an automated answering service, no human voice involved at all.
The system asks you how many adult size canteens you want, then asks you how many kids size you want, then informs you that the kids size canteens are at an extra cost....not included free as the TV add says they are.
Then it gives you the option to upgrade your canteens to the stainless steel lined model at a cost of $7.00 extra per canteen, so for a set of metal water bottles that you thought would only cost you about 10 bucks, they try to hose you for $21.00 plus shipping and processing. Now the system was also trying to get me for even more money when it asked me if I want to upgrade the bottle cap to stainless steel as well....this is the point at which I hung up the phone leaving their automated answering system with an in complete order. If they do send the fucking things, I will refuse them and send them back.

What a rip-off, I thought scams like this were regulated my the fair trade commission, but evidently not.

Don't get sucked into this scam, it's not what they advertise, what appears to be a good idea and a good product is nothing but a way to play on people's desire to do what they can to reduce pollution, and stick it up the consumer's ass.......:headbang

"WHERE IS BILLY MAYS" LMAO!!! Or the sham wow guy with the garth brooks / britney spears headset that does the food chopper commercial and launches the chopper over his shoulder accross the room into the sink because its not easily taken apart to clean LMAO (y) .

"WHERE IS BILLY MAYS" LMAO!!! Or the sham wow guy with the garth brooks / britney spears headset that does the food chopper commercial and launches the chopper over his shoulder accross the room into the sink because its not easily taken apart to clean LMAO (y) .
Vince is the coolest

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.