1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

Two tone generator?

Discussion in 'CB and Export Equipment and Accessories' started by Moleculo, Mar 23, 2007.

1. Moleculo

Moleculo Administrator
    Staff Member

Can someone tell me where I can get something to generate a two tone audio siginal that I can inject into a transmitter that doesn't cost a fortune? My signal generator does a single tone just fine, but I'd like to be able to inject a two tone signal for ssb testing.

2. C2

C2 Sr. Member

3. C2

C2 Sr. Member

4. ss8541

ss8541 Member

5. Hamin' X

Hamin' X Active Member

I use my IFR FM/AM 1500, but that is overkill for most. I have it for my repeaters, since it has a tracking generator and spectrum analyzer.

I wonder if you could just use an old DTMF pad? Has anyone tried this?

Rich

6. W5LZ

W5LZ Crotchety Old Bastard

...and then, if you really get desperate, pick up the phone, punch a number, any number. Most of them are 'two tones'.
    - 'Doc

(I did say desperate...)

7. bob85

bob85 Supporting Member

C2 thats a neat prog, thanks for the link ;)

8. C2

C2 Sr. Member

Well, I use my PC soundcard, but a simpler generator. It is a simple dialog with two sliders, one for each freq.

Works great and it was free!

I can't find the link for it or I would post it...

9. C2

C2 Sr. Member