• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

UNDERLINING OF CERTAIN WORDS - WHY?

Beetle

Dec 7, 2005
Western Washington
Some words in the posts seem to invite the "underline monster" to visit.

Words like am (or AM) (or Am) get underlined. Also CB and KW.

It's not a serious problem, but I AM concerned (see!) about running a KW on CB.

And just for clarification, I did not underline these words myself.

Last edited:

I noticed the same thing Pat when I started using Fire Fox instead of Internet Exploder. I also noticed that when you moved the mouse over the letters it gave you the "definition" of it. I just accepted it as a weird thing of Fire Fox. As for how it does it and why I have no idea.

Surprising that AM, FM and SSB get underlined, but not LSB or USB. Or CW.

Does the forum software select which acronyms/abbreviations get underlined, or is that an Admin function?

Does the forum software select which acronyms/abbreviations get underlined, or is that an Admin function?

None of the above. it's Firefox (your browser) doing it.

That's because Fire Fox does not distinguish between CB and Amateur modes of operation :love: and you may try turning off scripts but that in itself causes many other issues that you may not care to deal with.

That's because Fire Fox does not distinguish between CB and Amateur modes of operation :love: and you may try turning off scripts but that in itself causes many other issues that you may not care to deal with.

It still shows the meaning when moused over when scripts are blocked.As for blocking scripts causing problems,i would imagine they would be nowhere near as bad or as damaging as some of the malicious scripts would be if you allow all scripts to run freely,at least with something like no script you have the option of running/blocking.

I've yet to find a way that internet exploder can match firefox and as much malware is directed at anything to do with gates/microsoft its a much safer option in my opinion.

None of the above. it's Firefox (your browser) doing it.
Okay - but I post on other forums, radio and other topics, and this one, WWDXC, is the only one that shows these words automatically underlined. I'm using Firefox for all of these forums (fora?).

Why the underlining here, and nowhere else? :confused:

only time i see underlinging is thats its showing me misspelled words, if i turn of firefoxes spell checker it go away. i have the mouse over meanings disabled on mine.

Okay - but I post on other forums, radio and other topics, and this one, WWDXC, is the only one that shows these words automatically underlined. I'm using Firefox for all of these forums (fora?).

Why the underlining here, and nowhere else? :confused:

Same thing here Beetle. I get the underlining here and nowhere else and I am also using Fire Fox.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?