• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

UPS Strikes Again / With a Twist

packrat

Sep 24, 2008
S.W. Florida
Last week I sold my VERY Clean Yellow Robin. Regrettably! I wanted it to arrive in good shape, so I drove 20 some miles to the UPS Pack and Ship store, and paid to have it professionally packed. I marked both that it was FRAGILE and NOT easily replaceable on the forms, and specifically told the clerk,( not the owner but a kid), that it was fragile, which is why I brought it to him. I paid extra for insurance.
Anyway, the buyer emails me last night, yelling that I misrepresented the radio, as it had TWO LARGE DENTS on it when he unpacked it. Along with the dents is chipped paint. He is even uncomfortable plugging the radio in. Says it looks like it was dropped against a hard object with sharp corners!!!

He says it was only single boxed, too! AGAINST UPS own packing policy!!!

Here's the kicker, though...He said the box has NO VISIBLE DAMAGE!!!!!:confused:

So, they must have dropped the Robyn at the store, and just went ahead and boxed it in a single box, hoping to get more damage to cover their ineptness???

I am going to drive out there this morning and have a few words with them!!

I just don,t know what to think about this whole mess.

I HATE ALL SHIPPING COMPANIES!!!
PR

hopefully you got pictures of the radios condition befor shipping.that would tell the story .if you do take that picture with you .
i hate when that happens and you know it was no fault of your own .

good luck dealing with them .:bdh:

Luckily, I do have some pictures, and have requested pictures from the buyer of current condition.

I will say that this is the first time I have had them damage something even before they put it in a box.

PR

I was at the UPS STORE front door before they opened this morning, and explained the situation to the owner. She made copies of all paperwork, started the claim for damages, and told me " UPS WILL cover any and all damages because we packed the radio for you. It does not matter how the damage came about".

So, we will see.:bored:

I was at the UPS STORE front door before they opened this morning, and explained the situation to the owner. She made copies of all paperwork, started the claim for damages, and told me " UPS WILL cover any and all damages because we packed the radio for you. It does not matter how the damage came about".

So, we will see.:bored:

Are they going to refund the money you spent on the pack and ship service too? (Since you most certainly did NOT get the service you paid for.)

OK! Now I am totally fed up with MORONS!

After going out of my way to have lots of good pics on the auction, having his radio professionally packaged, insured and sent by UPS, and then going to bat for him with UPS for an insurance claim on damage he says is on the Robyn, he decides that he doesnt want the insurance, but just wants his money back, because, and I quote, "the damage couldnt have been caused by UPS!" He now states that the "damage", which he first called " Two Huge Dents" are now too small to be photographed! He said earlier that he was afraid that the insurance adjuster would "look at the dents and say""What, is that what you are talking about???"" I have been on the phone with Ebay twice, burning up my minutes, and I have driven over 40 miles in the last couple of days trying to help this creep! Ebay cant understand what this guy is up to either! They suggested telling him to file a dispute so they could find in my favor and dismiss it, but that wont keep him from ruining my feedback, but I think he is up to something fishy, and he is getting more and more annoying and rude. He even made me wait a week to get paid on a buy it now!

Sorry, needed to vent.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated