• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wandering SWR?

2DX727

Here's something that's been puzzling me for some time.

When checking my SWR's on Ch1 through Ch40 I'm getting 1.4-1.5; pretty good considering my antenna's location. But as I go higher in freq. strange things happen. At about 27.400, the meter starts (when I key) at about 1.6, but after a couple of seconds it starts to rise, and ends up around 2.6-2.8. This occurs on up through the band (I don't usually transmit above 27.4) with the stopping point getting progressively higher as I get further from the antenna's resonant freq.

What's up? Is this a grounding issue?

BTW, I'm sitting still and have my amp set for about 100W key, I don't have this problem when the amp is off.

RCI-2950/GalaxyDX99V/TS667V/LMR-240/LiveWire Coil</p>

<blockquote>Quote:<hr>"duh"<hr></blockquote>

It's those types of responses that discourage people from participating in forums.

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.