• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

weird problem with hr2510

U

unfknreal

I have a 2510 thats doing something funny... if I have anything in-line between the radio and antenna it appears to be transmitting a carrier on sideband. The funny thing is when the top cover is off the radio its perfectly fine, and I can have anything inline. But when I put the cover back on, it does it again. I have narrowed it down to the back right hand side of the radio by placing the cover over only certain parts and this is the area that is affected.

The radio was recently alligned & tuned to factory specs by Durham Radio in Whitby, Ontario and works flawless except for this one thing... the SSB carrier adjustments have no effect on it at all either.

Anyone heard of such a thing? Any suggestions on how to fix?

Thanks.

</p>

I have a 2510 thats doing something funny... if I have anything in-line between the radio and antenna it appears to be transmitting a carrier on sideband. The funny thing is when the top cover is off the radio its perfectly fine, and I can have anything inline. But when I put the cover back on, it does it again. I have narrowed it down to the back right hand side of the radio by placing the cover over only certain parts and this is the area that is affected.

The radio was recently alligned & tuned to factory specs by Durham Radio in Whitby, Ontario and works flawless except for this one thing... the SSB carrier adjustments have no effect on it at all either.

Anyone heard of such a thing? Any suggestions on how to fix?

Thanks.

</p>

You should start by adding A insulator behind the final.

Uniden did not use one when they built the 2510`s, and in some radios it will cause a RF feedback loop problem that can make the radio`s do some weird things. Remeber to apply some thermal grease on both sides of the insulator and the final, Don`t go crazy, just enough to put a thin coat on the surface`s. You can get the Heat sink compound at Radio Shack.

Adding the insulator between the final and the heat sink Should correct the RF problem.

If not let us know.

Jeff

CDX 339

RadioActive

20031128_1300_eit_171.gif

bandeaufini.gif
</p>

You should start by adding A insulator behind the final.

Uniden did not use one when they built the 2510`s, and in some radios it will cause a RF feedback loop problem that can make the radio`s do some weird things. Remeber to apply some thermal grease on both sides of the insulator and the final, Don`t go crazy, just enough to put a thin coat on the surface`s. You can get the Heat sink compound at Radio Shack.

Adding the insulator between the final and the heat sink Should correct the RF problem.

If not let us know.

Jeff

CDX 339

RadioActive

20031128_1300_eit_171.gif

bandeaufini.gif
</p>

HI,

You mentioned a carrier on SSB, does it have one on AM too?

If so, Try unsoldering one side of the 2 caps connected to the bottom side of the board on the final.

THese are the 34Mhz pull-off caps, and have been known to cause the "Weird Dead Key" problem (Phrase Coined by Yaesu Tom - Fix by Yaesu Tom too!)

You can leave them disconnected.

Roger

</p>

HI,

You mentioned a carrier on SSB, does it have one on AM too?

If so, Try unsoldering one side of the 2 caps connected to the bottom side of the board on the final.

THese are the 34Mhz pull-off caps, and have been known to cause the "Weird Dead Key" problem (Phrase Coined by Yaesu Tom - Fix by Yaesu Tom too!)

You can leave them disconnected.

Roger

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated