• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What is Your Favorite Amateur Radio?

Hey All...

Used to be Icom's 706 MKIIG (now rligated to my 2ed place)

1st place is now my Icom IC-7000

Later

Hmmmmmmm,

IC 7000

706's working well. No issues.

thinking

thinking

thinking

I might get the bug. I will see the 7000 the first time at Charlotte, NC hamfest in a couple weeks.

Ya never know............................... :p

CWM

Favorite Amatuer Radio

My favorite is the Kenwood TS-50s.It's menu is easy to follow.It puts out 200 watts with no sweat.Small enough to fit in most cars.Match it with a Astatic 575-m6 and you will have one strong sounding radio.

Re: Favorite Amatuer Radio

ill41 said:
My favorite is the Kenwood TS-50s.It's menu is easy to follow.It puts out 200 watts with no sweat.Small enough to fit in most cars.Match it with a Astatic 575-m6 and you will have one strong sounding radio.

??????????200 watts on a 100 watt radio??????? Why? I have heard of modifying rigs beyond their rated ability, but all that does is put added strain on the finals with no noticable benefit in signal strength. It takes 4 TIMES the power to raise the received signal one measly S-unit! One of these days, the finals, or the driver stage, will go POP! :!: with no indication of why. To each his own, but I would never do that.

73 :)

CWM

My very thoughts Jerry.I had my Icom 735 to 175 watts just for grins but set it back to 100 and left it there.Most ham rigs will often do twice what they do but in the name of longevity and clean signal don't. :roll:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.