• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What's the latest with Glen Baxter K1MAN?

Captain Kilowatt

Professional Amateur
Staff member
Apr 6, 2005
Nova Scotia,Canada
I was wondering if anyone had any updated info on the status of his license.I know the renewal application was put on the shelf by the FCC and his license was supposed to expire on Oct.17/05 and he said that they did not have the authority to do so.Man what a dick head. :shock: I ask this because I just heard him on a YL net on 14.332 about 1/2 hr ago.The only way this guy is going off the air is with a trip to prison or hell.Either way works for me. ;)

He still goes on the air according to posts in another site. I have no direct experience as to if he's broadcasting.

I have not heard his broadcasting lately and believe me I usually do when he is on.Propagation on 80m from Belgrade Lakes Maine to My QTH in Nova Scotia yields a mean signal,40-50 over 9 is common. :evil: I too have heard other reports of his operating.

I just checked the FCC website and their records do show his liscense as having expired Oct.17/05 and that it is still pending renewal.I have to wonder if they are in fact giving him the rope he needs to hang himself.

QRN said:
I just checked the FCC website and their records do show his liscense as having expired Oct.17/05 and that it is still pending renewal.I have to wonder if they are in fact giving him the rope he needs to hang himself.

Probably so. He made a lot of noise that the FCC had no jurisdiction over what he does, so they may be stacking charges up.

He is digging a deep hole.

or they make an example of him just becuase they can regardless of the dollar amount. i don't care when some one locks down a freq. but can't stand when they splatters 500 khz away. they will pursue him or they will loose face .

I'd like to be a fly on the wall in the room where the FCC asks their budgeting department for the money to try the case. Expecially when the FCC says the reason they are going to trial is "to make an example out of someone." or "because we need to save face".

Are those valid reasons to go to trial?

Congress will ultimately make the decision as to where the money should go. Right now, I doubt spending money on bad hams is going to garner votes, or get the FCC a bigger budget next year. If the FCC has extra money to spend on bad hams which are a concern to no one (except maybe CW), maybe they don't need a bigger budget next year.

Baxter is not just a concern to CW. He is a menace and a mental midget.Trust me if you ever heard his broadcasts you would know what I mean.Only time will tell.Radio operators have been locked up before and will be again in the future.

It would appear his back on the air with his broadcast. Heard him yseterday and thought someone was rebroadcasting a recording. Listening rightnow, and the news is current. Wonder how long he can get away with it this time.
Rich

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.