• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Where's The F.C.C?

De_Wildfire

Jul 27, 2009
Tonight I am listening to 3927.0 and heard stations using the f*** word, and other words like suck ***** ***k. All kind of foul language. On the other parts of the 75 meter band, it is getting like this too. Is the 75 meter band turning into a 75 meter cb band where you hear call signs from beyond the grave? I don't think cb/11 meter band sounds as bad as the 75 meter band. Was ham radio always this bad before our generation?

Tonight I am listening to 3927.0 and heard stations using the f*** word, and other words like suck ***** ***k. All kind of foul language. On the other parts of the 75 meter band, it is getting like this too. Is the 75 meter band turning into a 75 meter cb band where you hear call signs from beyond the grave? I don't think cb/11 meter band sounds as bad as the 75 meter band. Was ham radio always this bad before our generation?
it's like the cb, you don't like what you hear then move on.

The FCC should be immediately disbanded. Waste of taxpayer money.

If that's the case, maybe I can put a pirate SW station on the map soon and not fool with ham radio and all the abusive language.
It's only abusive language if it is directed at you, otherwise it's just vulgarity.
Just like cb it will only get investigated when you or any other citizen reports it with call signs/times and frequencies.

too funny how two of the three examples of citations given for obscene language, said they were "under the influence" while on the air.
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

one was a drunk and the other was a pill head!

and they call cb'ers drunks. LOL

from what i gather; the FCC mails a copy of the recordings to the operator for their review.

these are recordings of obscene and obnoxious language.
isnt there some law about how government agencies shouldnt be sending obscene material through the US mail? LOL J/K

i sure get a kick out of this stuff,
LC

Those FCC links were interesting. I didn't know until now that they actually sent letters out. How long does those warning notices stay on record, forever ,or do they get their slate wiped clean after a while and come back again?

You're right, it should be run by bureaucrats and not amateurs, the way I see it a lose/lose situation.

The FCC are nothing more than a gang of thugs, a wimpy bunch of thugs but thugs none the less.

Huh?

If the FCC were thugs they would come over and kick your ass if you violated their rules.

In real life many N.A.L.s don't ever get paid, are reduced drastically or in the case of K1MAN are held up for years and still not paid.

It took FCC more than 20 years to collect from KA3OMZ who's "apparent liability" was reduced by many dollars. Last I heard nobody beat him up.

Huh?

If the FCC were thugs they would come over and kick your ass if you violated their rules.

In real life many N.A.L.s don't ever get paid, are reduced drastically or in the case of K1MAN are held up for years and still not paid.

It took FCC more than 20 years to collect from KA3OMZ who's "apparent liability" was reduced by many dollars. Last I heard nobody beat him up.
Go back and read the original quote made of GLR's, something about wasting tax payers money and being disbanded for it, which team are you rooting for?

So by your definition dragging a NAL out for 20 years is good? and I'm sure most of those cases were frivolous such as the one this thread addresses and remember it's I before E accept after C.

Last edited:
too funny how two of the three examples of citations given for obscene language, said they were "under the influence" while on the air.
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

one was a drunk and the other was a pill head!

and they call cb'ers drunks. LOL

from what i gather; the FCC mails a copy of the recordings to the operator for their review.

these are recordings of obscene and obnoxious language.
isnt there some law about how government agencies shouldnt be sending obscene material through the US mail? LOL J/K

i sure get a kick out of this stuff,
LC

I'm all for full public disclosure, make the water gates accessible to the public.

I have read the Constitution numerous times and have never seen any reference to the FCC...have you? Now please return to hating America..go on, it's alright.

The constitution predates wireless communications a few years.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated