• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Who can Diagnose this RCI 2990'sCooling fankit problem ?

B

Bandit169

Okay, I picked up the Fankit for my 2990. You know, the one for the heatsink on the back.There is only two places to plug it in --Freq Counter--or-- Rec Jack. I am using the freq' jack, is it the right one? And will it only come on when it gets hot enough? The 3 open holes on the bottom don't match up to fit the plug, and 1 is being used for the EXTERNAL SPEAKER. What gives? Am i supposed to have this thing rewired or what?I thought all you Big Radio Doctors might be able to give me a diagnosis and a remedy for treatment. Thanks and Happy Holidays. Bandit169--CDX169

73s To all&Down an'out for now,still aMUDDUCK Quack,Quack.Bandit169-CDX169
mudduck.jpg
</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub86.ezboard.com/bworldwidecbradioclub.showUserPublicProfile?gid=bandit169>Bandit169</A> at: 1/15/04 9:48 am

Okay, I picked up the Fankit for my 2990. You know, the one for the heatsink on the back.There is only two places to plug it in --Freq Counter--or-- Rec Jack. I am using the freq' jack, is it the right one? And will it only come on when it gets hot enough? The 3 open holes on the bottom don't match up to fit the plug, and 1 is being used for the EXTERNAL SPEAKER. What gives? Am i supposed to have this thing rewired or what?I thought all you Big Radio Doctors might be able to give me a diagnosis and a remedy for treatment. Thanks and Happy Holidays. Bandit169--CDX169

mudduck.jpg
</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub86.ezboard.com/bworldwidecbradioclub.showUserPublicProfile?gid=bandit169>Bandit169</A> at: 1/15/04 9:48 am

Re: Who can Diagnose this RCI 2990'sCooling fankit problem

you will have to wire it to a 12 volt you could always wire it to the on/off switch

</p>

you will have to wire it to a 12 volt you could always wire it to the on/off switch

</p>

Cool, then thats is what i'll do. I thought with the plug it came with it would just hook up and run( WRONG ). Thanks, it should'nt be to hard to do, right? 73s and have a great day.

mudduck.jpg
</p>

Cool, then thats is what i'll do. I thought with the plug it came with it would just hook up and run( WRONG ). Thanks, it should'nt be to hard to do, right? 73s and have a great day.

mudduck.jpg
</p>

Thank you guys this Matter has been taken care of.

Thanks again Bandit169--CDX169

mudduck.jpg
</p>

Thank you guys this Matter has been taken care of.

Thanks again Bandit169--CDX169

mudduck.jpg
</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.