• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

will one of these work on 10 meters.

intercepter

Dec 18, 2009
i have a jb2000 (10-80 meter),750 maco,200 maco,and a jb12,is any of these built for 10 meters.if not can they be upgraded to use on 10 meters.

Doooooood

Filtering doesn't have anything to do with how they sound.

Amplifiers merely amplify what you put into them. Clean signal in = clean signal out.

Yes all of these amps will work on 10 meters.

Work? Yes
Sound good? Probably not.
Those amps have not filtering.
You could rebuild one but that is not an easy task.

Doooooood

Amplifiers merely amplify what you put into them. Clean signal in = clean signal out.

:pop: :whistle:

I talk regularly with a staion running your JB2000 with the band switch on 75 meters. If i was to pick one, that would be it. Just remember not to try to squeeze every watt out you can get. That is when it starts transmitting things you don't want. First 500 makes the biggest difference, anymore is just bragging rights.
Rich

Actually Guys, the JB2000 is based on the SB220, the only thing that really makes it a "CB" amplifier is the addition of the 8417 driver tube, which more often, then not has been removed by now.

This Amp is not automatically "dirty" because of the BlackCat name, and with a few Mods, and modernizations that its brother the SB-220 shares it can end up being a decent 10 meter box, add some band switching and viola...

I guess a BlackCat JB2000 could have a worse life then driven properly on 10....

:pop::pop:

this jb2000 doesn't have a place for a driver tube,i'm guessing its a high drive.it does have a band switch.10 to 80 meters.someone did some bad soldering in it,need to replace some wire to make it look better.already put a good power cord on it.fix it or buy a sb-220,think ill work on it some and see what i can do to make it work on 10 meters.thanks

Yes there were a few variations of the AMP, the low drive version was with the 8417, High Drive none, and I've seen them both with, and without a band switch, As well as one which was sold as a 6 Meter Amplifier.

Either way, sell and buy a 220, or fix the JB, you'll need to modernize them both, unless it has already been done.

Doooooood

Ditto to what the man said.

GI = GO, Garbage In equals Garbage Out.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.