• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wilson 2000 Trucker install Questions

S

seawolf18

I have a wilson 2000 trucker I want to install on my car. I bought it from a friend, and it is currently on a mag mount. I was thinking of installing a crack mount between the body of the car and the trunk lid on the drivers side. Would the antenna perform better mounted this way, or should I just leave it on the mag mount?

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p067.ezboard.com/bworldwidecbradioclub.showUserPublicProfile?gid=seawolf18>seawolf18</A> at: 10/29/04 3:53 pm

Re: Wilson 2000 Trucker instal Questions

It will perform the best in the center of your vehicle on top of the car. It will work on the trunk lip mount, too, but you asked which way is better. They make permanent mounts for the center, if you don't mind drilling a hole. Then you don't have to worry about having the cable exposed all the time and the magnet moving around.

Moleculo

</p>

Reactions: Groundhog KSS-2012

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.